Our feet endure a significant amount of impact on a daily basis just by walking. If you suffer from tired feet or foot pain, it could be that you need a pair of shock absorbing insoles! For more information, scroll down to learn how shock absorbing insoles work, why your foot type is important to know about and what best features can make your insoles better than the rest.
How Do Shock Absorbing Insoles Work?
Shock absorbing insoles work in varying ways. They typically consist of multiple layers that absorb shock well without transferring it across to your feet. The thickness of the insoles plays a role in absorbing shock, as do shock absorption pads. Latex and rubber tend to be the best materials for shock absorption as well as hardened gel pads. Similar shock absorbers are used in sports to prevent excessive force from impacting on the players and enhancing performance.
The other shock absorbing aspect involved in many shock-absorbing insoles is the way in which the force is distributed once it makes contact with your feet. Shock absorbing insoles are designed to take impact or force and redistribute it evenly along the underside of the insole, as opposed to having it move up your legs. This reduces the amount of impact your feet are exposed to and can lessen walking pain.
Know Your Foot Type
Knowing your foot type will give you a better understanding of the type of shock absorbing insole your feet needs. If you wear the wrong kind of insole, the way the insole absorbs shock will not be as efficient, and it could lead to a worse impact on the feet or unnecessary foot pain.
- High Arch Feet – Those who have high arches in their feet will need insoles with a raised heel cup that resides upon a steep arch support. If you have extremely high arches, it is recommended that you consult with your local podiatrist for custom orthotics.
- Flat Feet – If you have flat feet, you will need a flat pair of insoles with shock absorbers that have a decent thickness. Ultra-thin flat feet insoles will not prevent jarring impacts from penetrating through to your feet, especially if you are an athlete or work in a physically demanding job.
- Neutral Feet – Neutral feet or feet with medium arches fall in between flat and high arches. If you have neutral arches, you will want a predominantly flat insole with mild arch support and a shallow heel cup.
Best Features of Shock Absorbing Insoles
These characteristics will improve the capacity for your insoles to absorb shock as well as increase comfort and support.
- Energy Return – One of the best forms of shock absorption is energy return. Energy return occurs in specially designed shock absorbing insoles where some of the impact is used to boost your stride as opposed to jarring your feet. This excess force is then channeled away from your feet, making your steps feel lighter and with more of a bounce.
- Raised Heel Cup – A raised heel cup helps to take pressure off of the heels, knees, and hips. For those who suffer from pain in any of these regions, make sure to look for a pair of insoles with a raised heel cup for optimal support.
- Adaptive Arches – Adaptive arches are insole arch contours that flex as the arches in your feet do when you take a stride. They adapt to the shape of your feet real time, preventing stiffness, friction or resistance against the muscles in your feet. This makes the insoles feel much more comfortable, contributes to warding off fatigue and helps distribute force evenly along your feet.
- Metatarsal Support – For those who experience ball of foot pain or who place the majority of their weight on that area, metatarsal support is essential. Metatarsals are the bones in your toes. Lifting your toes up slightly and separating the big toe from the rest of the toes fractionally will contribute to less pressure on the ball of foot as well as a better all-around walking alignment.
- Stable Geometric Design – A stable geometric design engraved on the underside of the insole aids force redistribution and contributes to energy return. Solid shapes such as hexagrams, circles, squares, and triangles promote better shock absorption because of this.
Reviews: Best Shock Absorbing Insoles
Take a look at the quality selection of shock absorbing insoles reviewed below and feel free to choose the ones best suited to your needs.
- These shock absorbing insoles were designed for those with flat feet who need orthotic foot pain relief.
- Suitable for all kinds of footwear, including casual shoes, athletic shoes or work shoes.
- Helps prevent foot fatigue, bunions, neuropathy, heel pain and ball of foot pain.
- The foam cushioning provides an ideal base that absorbs impact and contributes to control feet overpronation.
- The gel shock pads are placed under the forefoot and heel of the insoles to equip your feet against excessive jarring or force.
- FitzSole will give you a full refund if you are not 100% satisfied!
- These insoles come with full length shock absorption pads for the ultimate protection against impact.
- The tri-planar motion control technology is superior when it comes down to pronation control, allowing you to walk with correct foot posturing.
- The Eco Fresh anti-bacterial top layer prevents your feet from accruing foot infections such as Athlete’s Foot.
- These shock absorbing insoles are odor eliminating, removing a build-up of smell in your shoes after a long day at work or on the playing field.
- Heel cap stabilizers ensure the insoles do not slide in your shoes and also contribute to proper foot pronation.
- These insoles by VIVEsole were podiatrist designed to combat the effects of plantar fasciitis, but will also help prevent leg and back pain.
- The top layer is antimicrobial, reducing the risk of odor-causing bacteria and fungus.
- These shock absorbing insoles are perfect for those with flat feet or neutral arches, providing gently contoured arch support.
- The low profile makes them ideal for use in just about any shoes except for high heels or flip flops.
- The shock pads have been strategically placed in the forefoot and heel for optimal shock absorbency.
- A 60-day guarantee is included with your purchase to allow you the chance to test them out.
- These shock absorbing insoles were made specifically to aid athletic performance on the court where impact occurs every minute!
- Adaptive arch technology molds to the shape of your feet when you jump, run, bounce or jab, warding off foot fatigue and boosting comfort.
- Experience full foot control with these insoles which were made to help foot pronation and boost athletic performance.
- The forefoot and heel shock pads, as well as the shock dome in the center of the foot, allow for the best possible shock absorbency and comfort.
- The insoles are built from a specialty shock absorbing foam to prevent foot pain, fatigue or wear and tear for athletes.
- Stabilizer caps on the underside of the heels prevent the insoles from sliding around inside your shoes or sneakers.
- These shock absorbing inserts have an enhanced height for high arches, providing protection against daily impact.
- A deep heel cup helps for sore ankles or heels, offering unmatched cushioning and orthotic support.
- Rigid pronation control ensures that you walk with a good foot posture and reduce hip, knee and back pains.
- The engraved underside contributes to equal force distribution, dispersing shock away from your feet and decreasing the risk of foot fatigue.
- Hydrologix moisture-wicking technology will keep your feet dry and fresh all day long.
- Includes a one-year replacement warranty for defective insoles or parts.
Comparison Table: Best Shock Absorbing Insoles
|1||FitzSole Unisex Flat Feet Shock Absorb Insoles - Orthotic Insoles for Shock Absorption||FitzSole||97|
|2||Orthaheel Unisex Comfortable Anti-Shock Insoles - Cushioned Shock Absorbing Stability Insoles||Orthaheel||96|
|3||VIVESole Unisex Anti-Plantar Fasciitis Insoles - Shock Absorbing Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis||VIVESole||95|
|4||Shock Doctor Unisex Ultra Active Athletic Insoles - Athletic Performance Shock Absorbing Insoles||Shock Doctor||96|
|5||Sof Sole Unisex High Arch Orthotic Insoles - Shock Padded High Arch Insoles||Sof Sole||97|
Table of Contents
- How Do Shock Absorbing Insoles Work?
- Know Your Foot Type
- Best Features of Shock Absorbing Insoles
- Reviews: Best Shock Absorbing Insoles
- FitzSole Unisex Flat Feet Shock Absorb Insoles Orthotic Insoles for Shock Absorption
- Orthaheel Unisex Comfortable Anti-Shock Insoles Cushioned Shock Absorbing Stability Insoles
- VIVESole Unisex Anti-Plantar Fasciitis Insoles Shock Absorbing Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Shock Doctor Unisex Ultra Active Athletic Insoles Athletic Performance Shock Absorbing Insoles
- Sof Sole Unisex High Arch Orthotic Insoles Shock Padded High Arch Insoles
- Comparison Table: Best Shock Absorbing Insoles