Working round the clock can be very taxing on our bodies, but it puts a strain on our feet in particular. A pair of the most comfortable insoles can make all the difference, improving energy levels and reducing foot pain. For more information about what constitutes the most comfortable insoles and why read the below selections.
Comparison Table for the Most Comfortable Insoles
|1||Superfeet Unisex Stable Comfort Insoles - Most Comfortable Insoles for High Arches||Superfeet||97|
|2||Birkenstock Unisex Forefoot Cork Insoles - All Natural Contoured Comfort Insoles||Birkenstock||96|
|3||Powerstep Women's Wool Comfort Insoles - Insulated Soft Padded Wool Comfort Insoles||Powerstep||97|
|4||Sof Sole Unisex Gel Heel Comfort Insoles - Reinforced Deep Heel Support Insoles||Sof Sole||96|
|5||Timberland Unisex Energy Return Insoles - Anti-Fatigue Leather Insoles for Comfort||Timberland||98|
Common Causes of Foot Pain & Discomfort
Our feet are responsible for overall balance in the body, and if they are not catered to, other parts of our skeletal structure can form out of alignment, creating pain. Here are a few of the most common causes of foot pain, as well as discomfort in the hips, knees, and back.
- Flat Feet – those with flat feet suffer over a period of wearing ordinary shoes which have mild contours in them. It’s also easier to develop foot fatigue with flat feet as the muscles in the feet are already pulled tighter than usual.
- Heel Spurs – this is a nasty condition caused by calcium deposits under the heel. You will need as much foot rest and protection as possible if you have this painful condition. Seek a doctor’s opinion if you struggle to walk on your feet.
- Plantar Fasciitis – another name for plantar fasciitis is foot fatigue. This is when the ligaments and tendons in the feet are entirely tired out, eventually becoming inflamed.
- Ball of Foot Pain – the ball of the foot is commonly sore in those who wear high heels or who walk by exerting excess pressure on this region of the foot. This pain can be avoided or alleviated with the right type of protective insoles.
- Diabetes – diabetics need correct footgear, especially when battling to feel sensations in the feet. This can lead to uncomfortable sensations in the feet as well as unnoticed bruising that can lead to later complications.
- Overpronation – the most common out of foot alignment is known as overpronating. This is when your feet roll too much inwards and usually impacts on our hips and knees.
How The Most Comfortable Insoles Can Alleviate Foot Pain
Orthopedic shoe inserts have advanced quite far in the last decade. The most comfortable insoles nowadays address a few foot concerns to help alleviate pressure on the feet. The best insoles will be contoured to match your foot’s exact shape. This will help direct pressure off the feet, prevent foot fatigue and allow them to rest securely inside your shoes. The thicker the insole is, the more protection it will offer your feet when exerting an impact on them.
The heel cup also comes to form an important part of creating the most comfortable insoles. A deep, yet thickly padded heel cup is usually the best, keeping the maximum pressure off the heel and knee, while securely holding the insole in place around the ankles. If you have a ball of foot pain, an insole that lifts and separates your big toe from the rest of your toes will be the most effective.
Top Qualities of the Most Comfortable Insoles of 2017
Here are some of the best insole features that you will find in the most comfortable insoles currently available online.
- Adaptive Arch Contours – if an insole allows itself to create a contour of your feet perfectly, it will provide you with the best possible form of foot support. Materials such as memory foam, soft merino wool, cork, leather or cedarwood will all achieve this soothing effect.
- Odor Removal – the best insoles come with multiple layers, some of which alleviate unpleasant smells from your shoes. Activated carbon insoles are good for odor removal.
- Moisture Wicking – Moisture wicking insoles are very breathable, and highly absorbent, allowing moisture to dry very quickly. Moisture wicking insoles will keep your feet dry all day long.
- Energy Return – orthopedically designed insoles are usually designed to direct force away from your feet. This results in a minor degree of energy return, which can give a boost back to your stride and help you to feel almost weightless.
- Heel Cap – A heel cap is useful to stabilise your feet in your shoes. This is a good feature to look out for if you overpronate or walk with an incorrect foot posture.
Most Comfortable Insole Reviews
Here below are some of the most comfortable insoles that can keep your feet fatigue-free all day long!
- These insoles are a pair of the most comfortable for those with medium to high arches who suffer from overpronation.
- The heel cup is deep with a heel cap for maximum stability and heel protection.
- The top coating of this insole is moisture wicking as well as odor eliminating.
- The contours on this product were designed orthopedically to alleviate pressure, foot fatigue, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs and more!
- Enjoy the firm full foot support these anti-fatigue insoles have to offer and help keep your feet on the go all day long.
- Suitable to wear with casual shoes, dress shoes, hiking shoes and most other kinds of closed shoes.
- This dual cork foam insole from Birkenstock provides your foot with all natural support where it needs it the most!
- The cork heel cup is deep and cradling, forcing your feet to walk in a perfect posture as you wear them in.
- Cork will mold to your feet after a while, becoming the most comfortable insoles you’ll ever want to wear.
- These insoles are inherently antimicrobial and antifungal, keeping your feet free from infections.
- A secondary layer of comfortable foam cradles your foot’s full length, allowing your foot to relax with an even distribution of pressure.
- Cork insoles are highly absorbent, moisture-wicking and even keep odors to a minimum.
- Wash lightly with mild detergent for best maintenance results.
- This is a brilliant insole for those who travel often or live in extremely cold climates!
- Wool is very absorbent and breathable, making it excellent for moisture wicking your feet dry.
- The top wool layer is supported by a firmer layer of foam which will adapt to your arches over time.
- Wear these insoles while hiking, skiing, snowboarding, jogging, walking or even for comfort in the office.
- Ideal for any season as these insoles will regulate your feet’s temperature.
- These comfortable wool insoles are very durable and will last you some years down the line.
- These insoles are perfect for those suffering from having high arches, heel pain, Achilles tendonitis, knee pain, hip pain and plantar fasciitis.
- Their superior comfort comes from the steeply designed arch contours in combination with the high-density foam used.
- The top layer eliminates odor and odor causing bacteria, being antimicrobial and hypoallergenic.
- The bottom layer is reinforced with a sheet of latex, which holds your foot steadfast in your shoes and lends a strong, stable, supportive base to your feet.
- The deep heel cup prevents your feet from slipping and sliding around in your shoes.
- Wear every single day to work, on the sports field or casually at home and about.
- These foot cushioning insoles are designed to keep your feet comfortable, dry and active for hours on end.
- The delicate contours are made to help those with medium to flat arches, providing optimal foot support.
- The hexagonal design on the base redirects forces away from the foot, also returning energy back into the foot and giving you a boost to your step.
- The arches are adaptive, meaning that they will flex with the arches of your feet as you walk, providing them with the maximum possible support.
- The top layer is made from a moisture wicking, antimicrobial material that helps keep your feet dry, free from infection and insulated.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Most Comfortable Insoles
- Common Causes of Foot Pain & Discomfort
- How The Most Comfortable Insoles Can Alleviate Foot Pain
- Top Qualities of the Most Comfortable Insoles of 2017
- Most Comfortable Insole Reviews
- Superfeet Unisex Stable Comfort Insoles Most Comfortable Insoles for High Arches
- Birkenstock Unisex Forefoot Cork Insoles All Natural Contoured Comfort Insoles
- Powerstep Women's Wool Comfort Insoles Insulated Soft Padded Wool Comfort Insoles
- Sof Sole Unisex Gel Heel Comfort Insoles Reinforced Deep Heel Support Insoles
- Timberland Unisex Energy Return Insoles Anti-Fatigue Leather Insoles for Comfort