Those of us who suffer from excessive sweating all year round, particularly in summer, have no doubt wished for some kind sweaty feet cure.
Unfortunately, the causes for sweaty feet vary so much that not one single such remedy exists, however, insoles exist on the market that can make walking in shoes more pleasant and certainly less odorous!
A Few Causes of Excessive Sweaty Feet
It has been shown in some reports that the average human being sweats about one shot glass per day from their feet alone. That is a lot of moisture that exit through our feet if you think about it! Here are some of the leading causes of excessive sweatiness:
- Detoxification – Whenever we sweat, it’s because our bodies are either getting rid of waste products, or we are overheating. If you’ve eaten something you are allergic to or something that puts a lot of pressure on the liver, you are very likely to sweat more.
- Illness – during illness, our bodies will run fevers at a high temperature and cause us to sweat. This process usually helps to destroy the infection, leading to more sweating as the body flushes out by-products. Chronic lifestyle disorders and auto-immune disease cases may find that they sweat a lot, due to recurrent infections and having a compromised immune system.
- Hyperhidrosis – this is a common condition that does not only affect the feet but refers to the state of how all sweat glands are functioning in the body. If you have plantar hyperhidrosis, your feet’s sweat glands are over-functioning, which can lead to an overproduction of sweat.
- Fungi / Feet Infections – if your feet smell incredibly pungent after sweating a lot, it may be that you have a fungal infection in your feet, such as athletes foot. This can cause excessive sweatiness too.
- Wearing Incorrect Footwear – some people have a reaction to synthetic insoles, socks or shoes, which causes them to sweat a lot more than necessary. If you find you have trouble with synthetic materials, try to get organic socks and wear natural insoles, such as cork or cedarwood.
Types of Insoles For Sweaty Feet & Odor Control
The best types of insoles to help keep sweaty feet under control are listed here below:
- Cedar Wood Insoles – have you ever imagined wearing tree bark? Cedar wood that’s been cut finely and shaped to your foot size has the amazing ability to be able to lessen sweaty feet. It’s naturally absorbent, naturally antibacterial, antifungal and it conforms to your exact foot shape after being worn in for a while. Contrary to what you may think, it also allows your feet to breathe.
- Super Absorbent Insoles – insoles covered in a micro-suede fabric are usually highly absorbent, as this material acts like a towel.
- Activated Charcoal Insoles – activated carbon or charcoal has been known for centuries for its ability to eliminate odors, purify the body and was even used to whiten teeth at one stage! In some cases, activated charcoal-infused insoles have reduced sweatiness considerably.
- Odor Elimination Insoles – There are a few insoles designed to eliminate odor, in particular, using an array of scents or aromatherapy to do away with any bad smells. These insoles will not help to solve the problem ultimately, however.
- Cork Insoles – Cork is naturally breathable, absorbent and the more you sweat in them, the better cork will conform to your feet. Cork leaves your feet feeling dry and is similar to cedarwood in the way it helps your sweaty feet.
Best Features of Insoles for Sweaty Foot Support
Here are five of the best features the insoles for your sweaty feet should have:
- Sockless Removable Insoles – This is a fantastic feature for two reasons: you don’t need to wear socks with them, and you can wash your inserts in the washing machine! This can certainly help to destroy a build-up of odors and to keep your feet clean, especially if you are fighting an infection or have fungal foot problems.
- Breathable Top Layer Material – If you need foam insoles for the most comfort and optimal support, it is crucial to purchase a pair with a breathable top layer! This will lessen the chance of those who are more sensitive to sweating profusely in them and will allow anyone to benefit from the fantastic foot support these insoles have to offer.
- Perforation and Air Flow – It is crucial for synthetic insoles to be ventilated to ensure your feet can breathe. Your feet are sure to sweat more if they don’t have any airflow whatsoever. Not to mention, it’s much easier for foot fungus to occur in a low oxygen, high moisture environment, such as the dark confines of a sweaty shoe!
- Anti-Slip Insoles – Some people sweat so much, they slip and slide about inside their shoes. If you are one of these individuals, you will want to invest in some top-notch anti-slip insoles for the best foot support. This should also aid troubles with pronation control.
- Hypoallergenic – naturally for the best results regarding less sweating, you will want to purchase insoles you are not allergic to or that are hypoallergenic.
Reviews: Top Insoles for Sweaty Feet
Here is our best selection of insoles that can help to alleviate some of your possible sweaty foot problems.
- Dr Scholl’s insoles legacy preceed them once again with these odor elimination insoles.
- Using the power of activated charcoal, these insoles will help to keep your feet clean of any impurities throughout your day.
- Reduce the need to sweat with this shoe inserts patented SWEATMAX Technology.
- These insoles will absorb excessive sweat as well as continue to destroy odors, even once you take your shoes off.
- The bottom layer is made from a durable high-density foam for maximum foot support that will last you a long time.
- Keep your feet fresh, comfortable and dry all day long with Dr. Scholl’s Odor-X insoles.
- These 100% natural and organic cedarwood insoles are brilliant for those who have incredibly sensitive smelly feet!
- These insoles were handmade in Germany out of the finest quality wood.
- The cedar wood will conform to the shape of your feet, giving you amazing foot support while helping to keep your feet clean.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and anti-microbial, these insoles will contribute to keeping infections like athletes foot at bay.
- These cedar wood insoles are perforated further for even more breeziness to your step, ensuring extra dryness on top of the absorbency of cedarwood itself!
- Give your feet the boost they need with the right foot support from a pair of cedarwood insoles.
- These shoe liners come in super handy for excessively perspiring feet, especially in the hotter summer months!
- Made up of a blend of extra absorbent wool and rayon fibers, these insoles are incredibly soft and comfortable (described as being “as comfy as a carpet”).
- These insoles use micro-perforation to help achieve dry, sweat-free feet.
- One size fits all – just trim to fit into your shoe correctly.
- These insoles are also anti-slip, keeping your feet in place even in shoes such as flip-flops or other summer shoes.
- Simply slip these inside your shoes and let them absorb all your problems away.
- These insoles are a fabulous invention by Pedag, replacing your socks inside your shoes!
- These insoles comprise a layer of cotton which covers a rigid foam base.
- The cotton is breathable, and the insole is perforated for the best airflow possible.
- The late is ridged for optimal foot support and comfort.
- Slip this insole right in and out, keeping it fresh by washing it in the washing machine!
- These insoles are ultra absorbent, helping to keep your feet dry throughout your day to day activities.
- These air purifying bags are filled with moso bamboo charcoal which purifies everything around them.
- Place them inside your shoes at the end of a long day and leave them to absorb all unnecessary smells and odors.
- After the bags have soaked up all odors in your shoes (or the air, your car, wardrobe, etc.) just place them in the sun for one hour to deodorize themselves.
- This product is completely natural is non-toxic, free from harmful chemical additives or substances.
- These bags will last up to two years.
Comparison Table: Best Insoles for Sweaty Feet
|1||Dr. Scholls Unisex Odor Fighting Insoles - Charcoal Infused Insoles for Smelly Feet||Dr. Scholls||95|
|2||ZEDERNA Unisex CedarWood Insoles - Ventilated Sweaty Foot Relief Wooden Insoles||ZEDERNA||97|
|3||Summer Soles Women's Absorbent Insoles - Open Shoe Insoles for Perspiring Feet||Summer Soles||97|
|4||Pedag Unisex Cotton Insoles - Sockless Insoles for Sweaty Feet||Pedag||96|
|5||Moso Natural Unisex Odor Eliminator - Natural Odor Purifying Shoe Insert Bag||Moso Natural||98|
Table of Contents
- A Few Causes of Excessive Sweaty Feet
- Types of Insoles For Sweaty Feet & Odor Control
- Best Features of Insoles for Sweaty Foot Support
- Reviews: Top Insoles for Sweaty Feet
- Dr. Scholls Unisex Odor Fighting Insoles Charcoal Infused Insoles for Smelly Feet
- ZEDERNA Unisex CedarWood Insoles Ventilated Sweaty Foot Relief Wooden Insoles
- Summer Soles Women's Absorbent Insoles Open Shoe Insoles for Perspiring Feet
- Pedag Unisex Cotton Insoles Sockless Insoles for Sweaty Feet
- Moso Natural Unisex Odor Eliminator Natural Odor Purifying Shoe Insert Bag
- Comparison Table: Best Insoles for Sweaty Feet