If you have a pair of Combat or Military boots that are not quite as comfortable or supportive as you would like them to be, or maybe you just need some additional features to keep your feet dry and cool.
Well, a proper insole can do all of this for your, and even maybe replace an old and worn out insole in your Military boot.
Military and Combat Boot Functions
In general Military or Combat boots are worn by soldiers during combat or combat training, and are designed to provide good grip, ankle stability and specialized foot protection against different environmental and physical factors.
Most Military boots have waterproof leather uppers and a durable and thick high traction rubber outsole. Some are specialized to perform in certain climates, or for specific uses such as for jumping or using on tankers and in high heat situations.
Today Military and Combat boots are not just worn by the Military, but likewise by other security and law enforcement officers for similar protection and functionality.
At the end, whichever you are, your Military boot is there to keep your feet comfortable and protected.
Why You Need a Good Insole in Your Military Boots
Cushioning: One thing that most law enforcement officers, the military and other security officers do plenty of is running, and moving around, sometimes jumping and climbing on tough and hard surfaces.
With this in mind, I would say that the most important factor of an insole in a Military boot is cushioning and shock absorbency, protecting your feet against walking and running on hard surfaces.
Flexibility: This is likewise a requirement as crawling, jumping and climbing, and working in many different positions and unsteady surfaces require that you need a sole that works with you.
Arch Support: As with any shoe, good arch support for your arch type is always important, and good stability features for your heels such as a heel cup, to protect you against Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendinitis.
Breathability: Lastly, with this type of occupation, your feet are going to get hot and sweaty, depending on the weather also of course, so breathability, and moisture wicking capabilities are crucial.
While it is not always very likely, a specialized boot with insulation and a plush insole can be used for very cold weather conditions or snow.
What to Look for in a Military Boot Insole
Here are a few main features that are Crucial in Your Military Boot Insoles
- The insole should be full length with either trim to fit options or the right fit for your Military Boot.
- Good anatomical arch support for your arch type is vital.
- A deeper and comfortable heel cup ensures good stability, balance and better alignment.
- The insole should aid in distributing weight evenly and absorbing shock effectively.
- Good cushioning for comfort and support such as EVA or memory foam.
- Gel padded forefoot and heel for shock absorbency.
- Antimicrobial treatment such as AEGIS or Silpure.
- Moisture-wicking top lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
Reviews: Best Military Boot Insoles
Taking into consideration all the features that you would require from the footbed or insole of a Military Boot, here are some outstanding Insole options that you can consider;
The Sole Lab Work Boot Model, offers the perfect solution for your Military Boots. Excellent comfort and energy return features, with a tough and long lasting design, that will get you through the day.
- Heavy duty design, made for tough use and hard wearing.
- Provides better foot alignment to alleviate back pain.
- Lasting comfort and excellent energy return technology.
- The Gel pads and arch support reduces strain on your feet and prevents foot fatigue.
- The perfect fit for Men’s work boots, Hiking Boots, Military boots and Casual or Cowboy boots alike.
A very versatile pair of insoles, with the idyllic fit for women’s feet. The Sole lab Adaptive for women offers superior support and comfort for all shoe types, including women’s military boots and work boots.
- A full-length insole with anatomical arch support, to relax the structure of your foot and offer full support for all arch types.
- Ensures excellent stability and control with the deep wrapping heel cup, that cradles your foot, while improvingbalance and alignment.
- Perfect for all types of closed shoes for women, including military boots.
The Power Tuff from Job Site, is a hard wearing and durable Insole, that provides absolutely everything you will ever need in a good insole for your Military Boots, or even just Work Boots.
- Available in a variety of men’s and women’s sizes to choose from.
- Relieves foot pain and other common foot condition symptoms.
- Excellent arch support with an active rebound and plush cushioning, to relieve heel and foot pain.
- Ideal for preventing foot fatigue.
- Features the ever popular Aegis Microbe Shield Technology, that protects your feet against bacteria, fungus and foot odors.
- Very lightweight and durable design that offers strength and stability with a lightweight and sturdy frame.
Typically these are athletic insoles for men, although they are a tough and quality design, with some superb features that would be supreme in a work boot or Military boot.
- The perfect fit for a lower arch or flatter foot, particularly when you are going to be on your feet for long hours and frequently.
- The reinforced Nylon arch ensures excellent support and motion control while promoting good alignment.
- SKYDEX Air Bubbles in the heel and arch, ensure excellent shock absorbency during high impact activities, such as running and jumping.
- The COOLMAX fabric top wicks away moisture and keeps your feet cool, dry and free of odor-causing bacteria.
Many times when it comes to Military work, or any occupation requiring similar footwear, you are in an environment performing strenuous activities sometimes in high heat. The Dr. Scholl’s ULTRACOOL technology insoles, will keep your feet cool and comfortable, during these times, when you need it the most.
- Highly breathable Honeycomb design that promotes airflow to keep your feet cooler.
- A moisture-wicking antimicrobial treated top lining, that will prevent the formation of bacteria, fungus and foot odor.
- Perfect for individuals who suffer from sweaty, feet or feet prone to odor and infections.
- The ideal fit for Military boots, work boots and even casual shoes and sneakers.
Index Table: The Best Insoles for Military Boots
|1||Sole Lab Men's Adaptive - Work Boot and Military Boot Insole||Sole Lab||97|
|2||Sole Lab Women's Adaptive - Insoles for Military Boots and Work Shoes||Sole Lab||97|
|3||Job Site Unisex Power Tuff - Anti-Fatigue Military Work Boot Insoles||Job Site||99|
|4||Sof Sole Men's Airr Orthotic - Insoles for Military Boots||Sof Sole||97|
|5||Dr. Scholl’s Unisex ULTRACOOL - Cooling Insoles for Military Boots||Dr. Scholl’s||98|
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Military and Combat Boot Functions
- Why You Need a Good Insole in Your Military Boots
- What to Look for in a Military Boot Insole
- Reviews: Best Military Boot Insoles
- Sole Lab Men's Adaptive Work Boot and Military Boot Insole
- Sole Lab Women's Adaptive Insoles for Military Boots and Work Shoes
- Job Site Unisex Power Tuff Anti-Fatigue Military Work Boot Insoles
- Sof Sole Men's Airr Orthotic Insoles for Military Boots
- Dr. Scholl’s Unisex ULTRACOOL Cooling Insoles for Military Boots
- Index Table: The Best Insoles for Military Boots