Are your flats the cause of your foot pain?
Find out more below about how your flats may be hurting your feet, what insoles for flats can do to prevent foot pain as well as some of their best features.
Wearing Flat Shoes Can Cause Foot Pain
It’s not just high heels that come with multiple foot problems. Did you know that wearing flats can cause foot pain too? Many people assume that if high heels cause foot problems, flats must surely be good for your feet. That assumption is just a myth, however.
Flats can cause multiple foot problems due to the lack of arch support they give you. Unlike many other shoes, flats are also notorious for not providing our feet with enough padding to endure impact. This makes flats less able to protect our feet from the high impact urban living has on them. Instead, most flats have a flat and unresponsive sole that tires the feet out.
The main problem associated with wearing flats is plantar fasciitis. This condition is described as a swelling or inflammation of the plantar fascia, which is the muscle that runs along the bottom of your feet. Frequent pain at the base of your heel or in your arches is usually the first sign.
Why Orthotic Insoles for Flats Are The Best Solution
So what to do with your beautiful flat shoes? The solution is to get a pair of orthotic grade insoles that are thin enough to line your flats. Additional layers of padding will help to evenly distribute the impact on your feet as well as enhance shock absorption.
The other side of insoles for flats is arch support, which not only prevents foot fatigue but it makes wearing flats feel so much better! Many thin orthotic insoles use sophisticated technology to provide excellent support for your foot’s arches and heels.
Liquid gel insoles are an excellent example of an insole that is very thin and yet molds to the shape of your contours, giving them precision support. Cedarwood, leather, and cork are also both moldable to your feet after wearing them in for a while. Even just a little modification of your shoes can go a very long way.
Features of a Good Insole for Flats
The insoles for your flats should include the below features for enhanced comfort and support.
- Breathable – Your insoles need to be breathable for them to feel comfortable. If they do not allow your skin to breathe, your skin will stick to them as well as perspire profusely.
- Antibacterial – An antibacterial insole will prevent infections on your feet, such as Athlete’s Foot. Infections often contribute to foot odors, which makes antibacterial insoles able to provide both bacterial and odor resistance.
- Adaptable – If the insoles are adaptable, it means that they will mold to your feet, even as you walk. This gives your feet perfect support at every step of your day.
- Shock Absorbent – Insoles with shock absorbency or gel shock pads are the best for wearing in flats which lack padding. Any medium that absorbs extra shock is needed in an insole for flats as it helps counter the excessive impact on the feet.
- Moisture Wicking – Insoles that are moisture wicking will keep your feet dry by drying out quickly. They are also highly absorbent usually, preventing your feet from being in contact with moisture any longer than needed.
Reviews: Best Insoles for Flats
Have a look at our premium list of quality insoles below and click your favorite option to make your flats unique!
- These liquid gel insoles by Amope are a great way to end pain from both high heels or flat shoes.
- The liquid gel inside the base of the insole adapts to the shape of your arches, holding them correctly in place.
- The heel of the insole is designed to provide a mild cradling action, helping prevent tired feet or aching heels.
- At the arches of the feet, these insoles provide slight elevation, easing pressure off your arches.
- The entire insole is non-slip, keeping your feet in place inside your shoes without sliding around.
- Add a soft bed of deluxe foam to your flats by purchasing these lightweight insoles from Spenco.
- These insoles for flats are made of Spenco’s trade secret foam SpenCore material, designed to cushion the feet all day long.
- The insoles adjust to the shape of your feet and add a decent amount more padding into your flats than you’ve ever experienced before.
- These insoles are easy to insert into one or more of your flats without compromising much space inside the shoe.
- The addition of Silpure confers antimicrobial properties to the insole, promoting fresher, healthier feet.
- Sof Sole especially designed these for women who love flats in mind, bringing to you the perfect solution for your flat shoes.
- The ultra-low profile of the insole makes it easy to use in any flat shoe, such as flats or pumps.
- At the heel and forefoot of the insole, there is extra cushioning to alleviate the pressure on your feet.
- The base layer of this insole is made from extra durable and shock absorbent latex, built to return some of the energy with each step your take!
- Ideal for flat shoes, either at work, running, walking or casually at home.
- Have you considered using a skinny layer of delightful smelling cedar wood to line your flats? Give it a try!
- Cedarwood insoles are ideal for flat shoes, keeping your feet smelling fresh and supported for hours on end.
- Made from 100% natural materials, these cotton cedar wood insoles will conform to the exact shape of your feet.
- The perforation and cotton top layer of the insoles allows air to flow and enhances the moisture wicking properties of the insoles.
- Cedarwood is naturally antimicrobial, preventing foot infections and keeping your feet feeling pampered.
- Keep your feet feeling clean and clear inside your flats with these mystifying lambskin leather insoles.
- The low profile and supreme padded comfort will have you wondering how something this thin could make such a huge difference!
- Lamb leather helps wick moisture away by being highly absorbent and drying out very quickly.
- The perforations around the sides maximize air flow and allow for your feet to remain cool and fresh.
- The base of the insole is made using activated carbon, which purifies the skin and removes odors.
- These fluid gel massage insoles will make a stunning addition to your flats with their low profile and continuous foot support.
- The unique flow pattern keeps the gel moving under your feet all day long, giving your feet a permanent massaging cushion.
- Provides great arch support for flat feet and alleviates foot pressure for those with plantar fasciitis.
- Easy to clean by placing in the washing machine with your other laundry.
- Comes with a trimming guide so you can get a perfect fit inside your favorite pair of flat shoes.
- Probably the best thin leather insoles for flats you’ll ever find, these amazing inserts use a combination of in-built foot support pads and leather to comfort your feet.
- From the heel to the arch rests a memory foam support pad which offers unmatched comfort and conforms to the shape of your feet.
- The leather itself will adapt to the shape of your feet over time and make these into the most comfortable insoles you’ll ever own.
- Moisture-wicking, antibacterial, anti-odor, and perforated, your feet with always remain dry and cool.
- The insoles also offer a decent amount of shock absorption, preventing impacts from jarring your feet.
- These natural insoles for flats are simply a thin layer of cork with a mild bulge for arch support.
- Cork is naturally adaptive and will contour the shape of your feet.
- Covered in a soft lining that will make your feet feel pampered and transform the inside of your flats.
- Moisture-wicking, the insoles will absorb excess moisture and keep your feet from blistering or discomfort.
- Great for wearing inside flats or in any other shoes with other insoles as an extra layer of padded comfort.
The HappyStep Insole has a less bulky design that is perfect for a flat shoe, providing just enough support.
- Cotton Terry Cloth Insoles ideal for wearing without socks that absorb sweat and prevent odor.
- Offers Heel to toe cushioning and shock absorption.
- Many size options available so you will find the perfect fit.
- Very easy to clean and quite robust for all day ear.
Dr. Foots Arch Support Inserts offer arch support in a flat shoe and relieves pressure.
- An arch support pad that offers Ergonomic cushioning and pressure relief.
- Made from durable PU Gel that is comfortable and elastic.
- Ideal for a high and neutral arch.
- Available in a few size and color options to choose from.
- Can be worn with closed shoes or even sandals.
The Spenco RX is a lightweight yet supportive insole that will do very well in a flat shoe.
- A full length Cushioned Orthotic Insole that provides heel to toe support.
- Made from Spencore material with cushioned layers for shock absorption and impact protection.
- A 4 way stretch fabric top with Silpure antimicrobial protection.
- Lightweight and thin design.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Insoles for Flats
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Wearing Flat Shoes Can Cause Foot Pain
- Why Orthotic Insoles for Flats Are The Best Solution
- Features of a Good Insole for Flats
- Reviews: Best Insoles for Flats
- Amope Women's Liquid Gel Insoles Gel Massage Insoles for Flats
- Spenco Unisex Cushioning Insoles Antimicrobial Flat Shoe Foam Insoles
- Sof Sole Women's Insoles for Flats Thin Low Arch Insoles for Flats
- ZEDERNA Unisex Cedar Wood Insoles Cedar Wood Insoles for Flats
- Shoeslulu Unisex Lambskin Leather Insoles Soft Flat Lambskin Leather Insoles
- FootLovers Unisex Liquid Gel Insoles Fluid Gel Insoles for Flats
- Gofix Unisex Premium Leather Insoles Composite Foam Leather Insoles for Flats
- GGfootcare Unisex Thin Cork Insoles Soft Top Cork Insoles for Flats
- Happy Step Unisex Terry Insoles for Flat Shoes
- Dr. Foot Unisex Gel Arch Support Inserts for Flat Shoes
- Spenco Unisex RX Comfort Lightweight Insoles for Flats
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Insoles for Flats