If your back is in pain on a daily basis, there is a very likely chance that it’s because of the way you walk or the kind of shoes you wear. One possible solution to your problem is to buy a pair of shoe inserts for back pain. Here we will explore a few causes of back pain and how orthotic insoles can help.
Causes of Back Pain
The primary cause of back pain is usually attributed to an incorrect posture. This can happen to us in some ways. Some people have chronic lifestyle conditions which affect their postures, such as osteoporosis, arthritis, and fibromyalgia. You also get individuals who have arches that are too flat or too high. If that is not tended to regarding sensitive footgear, it can be rather painful for these people to walk and result in back pain.
Other causes include infections that one can get, which cause glands in the hips to swell. When these hip glands are swollen, they can cause one leg to be fractionally longer than the other. Repeated walking on this for years from recurrent infections then causes shoes to wear unevenly and creates an even bigger problem going up the spine. In other words, keeping healthy can help to reduce your back pain.
Walking to Maintain the Best Posture
When we walk, our ankle makes contact with the ground first. As it does this, it curves in an arc which should veer out by a curvature of 15%. If it goes wider, it is known as overpronation, and if it goes under, it’s known as under pronation. After it arcs off, weight is transferred to the ball of the foot, before lifting off for a next step.
Those of us who over or under pronate can begin to experience foot aches and pain, as well as back pain. Special orthotic shoe inserts have been designed to aid people to pronate at the right angle. Wearing the right shoe insole for your feet may help you to walk easier and may remedy far more discomfort than you realized! Shoe insoles can absorb more of the impact that your foot takes and divert more pressure away as well, aiding those with plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis and other pains in the foot or ball of the foot.
Orthotic Pressure Relief Characteristics of Back Pain Insoles
Here are five properties of insoles that are sure to help your posture while you walk:
- Heel Lift – especially good if you have swollen glands, sensitive feet or Achilles tendonitis, a heel lift can take pressure off the calves and absorb more shock as you walk.
- Metatarsal separation – the metatarsals are the bones in the toes of your feet. When the big toe and second toe are separated, the pressure is diverted off the ball of the foot. A decrease in foot pain can also help you to walk with a good posture!
- Arch contour – specially designed orthotic shoe inserts have special curves and contours. They also target the specific type of foot arches, such as flat feet or high arches, that are commonly known to be painful to walk on.
- Memory Foam – memory foam is great in that it creates a lasting impression of your feet and can correct your posture by giving a perfect contour. Natural leather inserts and cork insoles are natural alternatives to memory foam that work just as well.
- Custom Made Orthotics – the best insoles for back pain will always be the ones custom made for your feet.
Reviews: Best Insoles for Back Pain
Here we have chosen a selection of insoles that address a number of issues associated with back pain, depending on different needs.
- This shoe insole is made from a dual layer of foam and covered in the polyester layer to allow your feet to breath.
- Variable cushion technology allows your feet to leave an impression in these insoles, adding to their perfect fit support.
- Extra lift in the heel provides your feet with the cushioning that they need during work, walking or even athletic activity.
- Ideal for those who have medium arches and suffers from back pain and leg pain, who have plantar fasciitis or Achilles tendonitis.
- Made in the USA and made to fit all shoe sizes without trimming to match.
- These shoe inserts from Powerstep are there to absorb all shock endured by your feet.
- Designed to aid those with awkward arches, these insoles will help to alleviate back pain as well as discomfort in the feet and shins.
- Experience enhanced support and maximum comfort with the layers of orthotic grade foam used to make this insole.
- Covered in a breathable, hypoallergenic material which also has antimicrobial properties to support healthy feet.
- This insole is designed with a deep heel cradle, which gives it less of a lift than other insoles. This is ideal for enhanced comfort but not for athletic activity.
- Ideal for those with aches and pains in the feet which need to take it easy for a while.
- Made in Ohio, USA.
- This orthotic foot product holds your foot rigidly in place and corrects your posture by keeping your foot alignment in check.
- Ideal for those who need support after an operation or who are learning how to walk with perfect posture again.
- Made from plastic with holes for better airflow.
- Has the potential to provide pain relief in the hips, knees, and back.
- This inexpensive product has been compared to top branded orthotics, functioning at the same capacity and aligning your feet correctly.
- These orthotics will also last you years and are highly durable.
- These are orthotic insoles which are especially designed for athletes.
- Multiple shock pads have been placed to cover most areas of the foot. This is made to ensure the constant impact that athletes create when making sudden jabs, cuts, and sprints on the field.
- The foam is padded very thick, protecting your feet and allowing for a light kick off the ground.
- The design is contoured in specific places to keep your foot locked in and prevent overpronation.
- The arch provides rigid support and stability, which makes it perfect for those who want a walking boost in their day-to-day.
- 1 Year guarantee.
- The insoles are made for those with very flat arches or flat foot.
- Provide your flat foot with some extra padding and comfort with these made to match insoles.
- The generic shape allows these insoles to work in all shoe types.
- The shoe insert is covered with an antimicrobial, antiblister and anti-odorous material.
- Aligning your flat feet perfectly will straighten your spine and aid back pain, hip discomfort and leg pains.
- Control the degree of pronation with the support provided by these orthotic insoles.
Index Table: Top Insoles for Back Pain
|1||Powerstep Unisex Foot Protect Insoles - Supportive Orthotic Shoe Insole for Pain Relief||Powerstep||97|
|2||Powerstep Unisex Pain Free Foot Insoles - Back Pressure Relief Shoe Inserts||Powerstep||97|
|3||WalkFit Unisex Orthtic Shoe Inserts - Posture Pedic Insoles for Back Pain||WalkFit||92|
|4||Spenco Unisex Athletic Insoles - Best Back Support Athletes Insoles||Spenco||95|
|5||Flat Foot Unisex Flat Feet Insoles - Insoles for back pain and flat feet||Flat Foot||95|
Table of Contents
- Causes of Back Pain
- Walking to Maintain the Best Posture
- Orthotic Pressure Relief Characteristics of Back Pain Insoles
- Reviews: Best Insoles for Back Pain
- Powerstep Unisex Foot Protect Insoles Supportive Orthotic Shoe Insole for Pain Relief
- Powerstep Unisex Pain Free Foot Insoles Back Pressure Relief Shoe Inserts
- WalkFit Unisex Orthtic Shoe Inserts Posture Pedic Insoles for Back Pain
- Spenco Unisex Athletic Insoles Best Back Support Athletes Insoles
- Flat Foot Unisex Flat Feet Insoles Insoles for back pain and flat feet
- Index Table: Top Insoles for Back Pain