If your heels are in frequent pain, you should consider purchasing a pair of heel support insoles. Find out more below on the top causes of heel pain, why heel support insoles are highly effective at alleviating heel pain and a look at their best features.
Comparison Table for Heel Support Insoles
|1||Superfeet Women's High Heel Insoles - Heel Support Insoles for High Heels||Superfeet||95|
|2||NAZAROO Unisex Orthotic Insoles - Orthotic Heel Support Insoles for Pain Relief||NAZAROO||97|
|3||Dr. Foot Unisex Heel Support Insoles - Absorbent Arch & Heel Support Insoles||Dr. Foot||97|
|4||Samurai Insoles Unisex Quality Orthotic Insoles - Podiatrist Designed Orthotic Heel Support Insoles||Samurai Insoles||98|
|5||FitzSole Unisex Foot Support Insoles - Orthotic Neutral Heel Support Insoles||FitzSole||97|
Top 5 Causes of Heel Pain
Heel pain can be caused by several different medical conditions or as a result of an injury. The top 5 causes of heel pain are listed below:
- Plantar Fasciitis – Plantar Fasciitis is likely the most common foot ailment in the world on average. This condition refers to a swelling of the plantar fascia, the muscle that runs the length of your feet. It often first feels excruciating at the back of the heel or the beginning of the aches of your feet.
- Heel Spurs – Heel spurs are typically calcium growths on the underside of the heel. Naturally, these hard growths cause heel pain and are difficult to stand or walk on.
- Achilles Tendonitis – Achilles Tendonitis occurs when one receives an injury to just above the heel at the start of the calf. This can cause heel pain at the top of the heel.
- Peripheral Neuropathies – Medical conditions such as diabetes and Alzheimer’s Disease have similar peripheral neuropathies. These cause the extremities, such as hands and feet to get very cold and in severe cases, go numb and lose blood supply. In this event, heel pain often occurs, depending on which part of the feet are affected.
- Arthritis – Arthritis causes internal heel pain in the bone by releasing cascades of inflammation.
How Heel Support Insoles Help To Alleviate Heel Pain
Heel Support Insoles help greatly in alleviating heel pain. All of them will give your heels some degree of support, cushioning and protection. These factors will vary according to your needs. Heel support insoles also usually only focus on the heel and are shorter in length. If you have neuropathy or pain elsewhere in your feet, you should opt for a full-length insole to protect your feet from bruising.
Heel support insoles shift the pressure off your heels and distributing it evenly across your feet. Less pressure and more comfort reduces the pain and makes it bearable to remain mobile while plagued with discomfort. For those suffering from Achilles Tendonitis, you need a lower heel cup. For the other conditions, a raised heel cup helps to shift the pressure off the heel.
Best Heel Support Insole Features
These features below are some of the best when it comes down to choosing a good pair of heel support insoles.
- Moisture Elimination – Any good insole you buy should be covered with a breathable top layer that helps to get rid of any excess moisture. Moisture can cause the insole to trap more heat, create more friction and can even lead to blisters.
- Deep Heel Cup – A deep heel cup will hold your feet securely in place and aid with pronation control. This ensures that the way you are walking does not contribute to your heel pain, nor neck, back or hip pains.
- Soft Support – Particularly for those who suffer from heel pain, softer foot support is a requirement. Foam, leather or other similar insole materials are ideal for alleviating heel pain.
- Full Arch Support – Total arch support is the best for both you and your feet. If you opt for full-length insoles, they have a better chance of protecting your heels as force can be equally distributed over a larger surface area.
- Ergonomically Shaped – To ensure the best results, make sure you get a heel support insole for the foot type you have. Flat feet will need flat insoles without any tailored arch support, whereas higher arches require more of an arch in the insoles.
Heel Support Insole Reviews
Below we have reviewed some of the best heel support insoles for heel pain relief!
- These three quarter heel support insoles were made specifically for women who wear high heels.
- The bottom of these heel support insoles has a ridge, which holds the insole in place in heels and other designer shoes.
- The arch support is neutral, designed to be appropriate for flat feet and medium arches.
- Alleviate all the pressure off your heels with the support insoles that also help to control pronation.
- The top layer is moisture wicking and antibacterial, reducing odors, blisters and foot infections.
- Ideal for wearing in high heels that are an inch or more in height.
- Nazaroo is proud to present their foot pain relief insoles which are ideal for alleviating all kinds of pain from heel to toe.
- These heel support insoles are made from three layers, the middle of which is soft and comfortable for the feet.
- Ergonomically designed to support flat feet as well as medium arches, these insoles will prevent foot fatigue, plantar fasciitis, and heel pain.
- The deep heel cradle is lifted slightly to take pressure off the heel while simultaneously providing top-notch comfort.
- An antimicrobial and moisture-wicking top layer keeps the feet dry while providing excellent cushioning.
- Dr. Foot’s pro heel support insoles are ideal for anybody who is suffering from heel pain, regardless of your foot type.
- Allow your heels to rest inside the deep heel cups, made to secure your feet in place and to cushion your heels.
- The base fastens your feet into your shoes and prevents sliding around as well as blisters.
- A shock absorption pad rests on each insole under the heel to protect it from an excessive impact.
- These heel support insoles will feel more comfortable over time as you wear them in, providing medium firm support.
- Designed by the same award-winning flat feet insoles company, these heel support insoles were made by a leading podiatrist with flat feet.
- Provides a thin, yet comfortable layer under your feet from the heel to the ball of the foot.
- Alleviates pain from plantar fasciitis, flat feet, fallen arches, heel pain or arch pain.
- The deep heel cup helps to correct problems with pronation which often go hand-in-hand with foot complaints.
- These lightweight, low profile insoles can fit into any shoes with removable inserts, transforming them into a comfortable shoe without needing to cut the insoles.
- These heel support insoles are for more than just heel pain – they work to support, protect and pad your entire foot comfortably.
- The full-length insole has a mild heel lift, ideal for Achilles Tendonitis wounds or swellings such as edema.
- Includes neutral arch support for flat feet or medium arches that need a soft yet firm support.
- The gel shock pads on the underside of the insoles ensure that shock is deflected away from the heel and the ball of the foot.
- Corrects pronation problems and keeps your heels in one place using a deep heel cradle.
- Trim to fit to get your perfect size.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Heel Support Insoles
- Top 5 Causes of Heel Pain
- How Heel Support Insoles Help To Alleviate Heel Pain
- Best Heel Support Insole Features
- Heel Support Insole Reviews
- Superfeet Women's High Heel Insoles Heel Support Insoles for High Heels
- NAZAROO Unisex Orthotic Insoles Orthotic Heel Support Insoles for Pain Relief
- Dr. Foot Unisex Heel Support Insoles Absorbent Arch & Heel Support Insoles
- Samurai Insoles Unisex Quality Orthotic Insoles Podiatrist Designed Orthotic Heel Support Insoles
- FitzSole Unisex Foot Support Insoles Orthotic Neutral Heel Support Insoles