Bad smelling feet is not a lot of fun for anyone and can be quite embarrassing. There are many causes to feet having a foul odor, the main cause is wearing the same shoes for long periods of time.
None the less a good antifungal and into odor soap for your feet can easily wash away germs and odor-causing bacteria to leave your feet fresh and odor free.
Reasons Why Your Feet May Smell Bad
Foot odor and the odd case of Bromodosis, which is a more chronic case of foot odor, is normally not something to fret about too much.
Here are a few reasons why your feet may smell bad;
- Sweat – The moisture and warmth from sweat produce the ideal environment for bacteria to grow and flourish in, which in turn creates a foul odor by breaking down your sweat and dead skin cells. Keeping your feet dry by wearing breathable shoes and socks, or changing your shoes and socks regularly can help with sweat.
Shoes – If you are always wearing the same pair of shoes, they do not get a proper chance to breathe and moisture and bacteria can collect in your shoes eventually causing odor, that in turn build up in your shoes. In this case, you either need to change your shoes regularly, or clean and scrub your feet, and use a shoe or foot deodorizer or powder.
Stress – Feeling added pressure and stress causes your feet to sweat even more. Unfortunately, stress caused sweat is manufactured by a different hormone and sweat gland, which smells much worse than regular sweat.
Fungal Infection – Athletes foot among other fungal infections is one of the most common Gym and sports-related foot infections that can contribute to foot odor. Use an antifungal powder between your toes and dry feet off properly. Keep to moisturizing only your feet and heels, and not in between your toes.
Treating Smelly Feet
The great news is that smelly feet can easily be treated and prevented by following these helpful tips;
- Wash your feet daily with an antibacterial soap.
- Dry your feet thoroughly after washing them, particularly between your toes.
- Try to rotate your shoes and not wear the same pair every day.
- Change your socks as soon as your feet start to sweat, and keep an extra pair of socks on hand.
- Keep your toenails short and clean and remove any hard and dead skin with a foot file.
- You can use an antiperspirant or foot deodorizer spray on your feet or in your shoes.
- Deodorizing and medicated insoles are also effective.
- Use a foot powder to absorb moisture and refresh your feet.
- Try to wear leather and canvas shoes as they allow your feet to breathe and stay dry.
- Always wear a sock with a closed shoe.
Must Have Ingredients in a Good Soap for Smelly Feet
To find the best Soap Bar or Liquid Soap for your feet, always look out for these ingredients. Keeping in mind that natural is always better!
- Tea tree oil has powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties and aids in curing infections and foot conditions.
- Peppermint oil, peppermint oil relieves itching and has powerful antifungal and deodorizing properties leaving your feet fresh and smelling good.
- Moisturizing oils such as coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, and olive oil are great natural oils that moisturize your feet without leaving them greasy.
- Clay and Activated Charcoal in the soap help to eliminate dirt and toxins and draws them out of your skin to prevent odor and bacteria from forming.
- Glycerine is always a good choice as a basis for any soap.
Reviews: Best Soap for Smelly Feet
The remedy, All Natural Body Soap is a highly versatile Liquid Antibacterial and anti-fungal soap that can be used on your Feet, Body, and Face.
- A liquid antifungal wash with natural Tea Tree, Peppermint, and Aloe Vera Oils.
- Helps to wash away body and foot odor and provides antibacterial cleaning ideal for Athletes foot, Nail Fungus, Candida, Ring Worms, Jock Itch and even yeast Infections.
- Can be used to effectively clear away acne and pimples.
- Keeps your feet fresh, clean and odor free all day.
Johnson’s foot soap is a fast dissolving powdered form soap that has medicinal purposes for your feet, while also absorbing and washing away stubborn odors and smells.
- Comes in small easy to use sachets that you dissolve in water and then soak your feet in.
- Relaxes and refreshes tired and sore feet fast and effectively, while soothing and easing tense muscles.
- Refreshes and thoroughly cleanses your feet to prevent bad odor from developing and bacteria from growing.
- Very easy to use and the small sachets are easily portable and can be taken anywhere with you.
- Likwise aids in softening corns and callouses, while also relieving itching and burning in your feet.
My Sole Mate is a very versatile Three in One-foot soap, with a Pumice stone, antibacterial soap and moisturizing agents to refresh, smooth and moisturize your feet all in one soap.
- The Pumice stone gently removes hard and old skin and calluses and scrubs away cracked heels.
- The Soap Side cleans and moisturzes your feet.
- The soap contains moisturizing and antibacterial Aloe vera, Shea Butter and Vitamin E to soften and refresh your feet, preventing bad smells and bacterial growth.
There is nothing that fights bacteria and odor quite as effectively as peppermint and tea tree, and above all, it leaves a refreshing and invigorating smell.
The Yellow Bird soap bar is infused with peppermint and Tea Tree, oils and can be used on your face body and feet.
- Anenergizing and refreshing soap for your Feet, Face and Body. with odor fighting capabilities.
- Made from natural ingredients and handcrafted to perfection.
- Contains organic tea Tree and Peppermint oils along with coconut oil and olive oil for intense moisturization.
- Peppermint and Tea Tree oil are naturally antifungal and antibacterial and are natural deodorizers.
- Ideal for itchy and irritated skin and nail fungus, as well as many other skin and foot conditions.
Activated Charcoal has the ability to draw out dirt and toxins from your skin and even your feet, as well as eliminating odors and odor-causing bacteria. This soap bar contains activated charcoal among tea tree and peppermint oil, which are all powerful odor and germ-fighting agents.
- The perfect soap for the active individual to use on your face, body or feet for germ protection and odor control.
- Made with all natural Charcoal, peppermint and tea tree oil, as well as palm, coconut, and sunflower oils to provide good moisturization and hydration.
- All natural with no chemicals, preservatives or nasty parabens and sulfates that dry out your skin.
- Excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
An all natural and antifungal seaweed and tea Tree oil liquid soap, that helps deal with foot fungus, ringworm, acne, eczema, and athletes foot fast and effectively.
- Al natural face, body and foot wash with Tea Tree oil and Seaweed extract for a strong and effective cleanser that fights odors and bacteria.
- Gentle on even sensitive skins and young skin, yet effective on dirt and germs.
- Completely Sulphate and Paraben free.
Index Table: Top Rated Soaps for Smelly Feet
|1||Remedy Unisex All Natural - Soap for Foot and Body Odor||Remedy||98|
|2||Johnsons Unisex Foot Soap - Soak in Soap for Smelly Feet||Johnsons||96|
|3||Love Lori Unisex My Sole Mate - Three in One Foot Soap||Love Lori||97|
|4||The Yellow Bird Unisex Peppermint and Tea Tree - Soap for Smelly Feet and Body Odor||The Yellow Bird||98|
|5||Nextrino Unisex Charcoal - Charcoal Soap for Smelly Feet||Nextrino||98|
|6||Majestic Pure Unisex Antifungal - Liquid Foot Odor Soap||Majestic Pure||98|
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Reasons Why Your Feet May Smell Bad
- Treating Smelly Feet
- Must Have Ingredients in a Good Soap for Smelly Feet
- Reviews: Best Soap for Smelly Feet
- Remedy Unisex All Natural Soap for Foot and Body Odor
- Johnsons Unisex Foot Soap Soak in Soap for Smelly Feet
- Love Lori Unisex My Sole Mate Three in One Foot Soap
- The Yellow Bird Unisex Peppermint and Tea Tree Soap for Smelly Feet and Body Odor
- Nextrino Unisex Charcoal Charcoal Soap for Smelly Feet
- Majestic Pure Unisex Antifungal Liquid Foot Odor Soap
- Index Table: Top Rated Soaps for Smelly Feet