Neuropathy, in most cases, referred to as Peripheral Neuropathy is a term used to describe a range of health conditions rather than just a single condition, which can result in many symptoms.
The main target of Neuropathy, in general, is causing damage to your peripheral nerves, hence the name Peripheral Neuropathy. When it comes to Peripheral Neuropathy, your hands and feet are most likely to be the victims of symptoms.
When suffering from Neuropathy symptoms in your feet mainly, a good arch supportive insole can truly help maintain these symptoms, and prevent aggravation of the condition.
Signs and Symptoms of Neuropathy
Neuropathy, or Peripheral Neuropathy, which causes damage to your peripheral nerves, may, in turn, affect your feet more likely, causing numbness, pain, weakness, or in the worse case complete loss of feeling.
What basically happens when you have Neuropathy, is that the information sent from your brain and central nervous system to the rest of your body may become interrupted or may not get to their destinations at all, because of damaged nerves.
For the most part, Neuropathy is caused by traumatic injuries, infections, metabolic issues, exposure to certain toxins, as well as inherited conditions. One of the most common causes of Peripheral Neuropathy is of course Diabetes Mellitus, which is a condition that affects many individuals today.
Common Symptoms of Neuropathy/Peripheral Neuropathy
- Gradually feeling numbness, prickling or tingling in your feet or hands.
- Numbness and tingling may move up to your arms and legs.
- Sharp, stabbing or even burning pain and aching.
- You may become much more sensitive to touch.
- Failing coordination, stumbling and falling easily.
- Intolerant to heat, and alternating sweating symptoms.
- Issues with your digestive system.
- Blood pressure changes.
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
Insoles for Neuropathy
When it comes to Neuropathy, you want an insole that provides the best arch support for your specific arch type, as well as excellent shock absorption.
Pronation control is likewise extremely important, as you want to avoid pressure at key areas of your feet at all costs, and rather have pressure evenly dispersed within the entire area of the foot. The good insole can equally help to reduce much of the pressure on your feet exerted from impact when standing or walking, and thus reduce pain related to this condition.
Furthermore you can have an orthotic device or insole custom made to suit your foot requirements exactly, in order to reduce pain and pressure.
But for the most part, in any insole concentrate on these factors, Cushioning, Shock Absorption, Pronation Control and Arch Support.
Choosing the Right Insole for Neuropathy
Keeping in mind the main aspects; arch support, shock absorbency, cushioning and pronation control, you should easily find the right insole for Neuropathy.
Here are a few steps to following when choosing your ideal insole;
- Size – For most full-length insole you will need to make sure that you get the correct size. Some models allow you to trim the insole to your specific size requirements.
Placement – When purchasing a full-length insole you need to take into consideration the placement. Is the insole already in your shoe removable or can you place the insole on top of the original one.
Arch Type – Make sure that you get the correct insole for your arch type, wearing the wrong insole for your Arches can cause pain and discomfort.
- Generally speaking, most insoles have different footbed options for you to choose from, such as rigid support, cushioned support, or even semi-rigid or firm support.
Materials – The material that your insole is manufactured from is important, and are usually either Gel, cork, or leather with a soft moisture-wicking top layer. Foam offers good cushioning, whereas, the gel absorbs shock better, and the cork is more supportive but less cushioned, and lastly, the leather feels great but only cushions slightly.
Reviews: The Best Insoles for Neuropathy
The Step Right Insole are comfortable and anti-microbial with some unique features to eliminate pain caused by conditions such as Neuropathy, poor Circulation, and Plantar Fasciitis.
- You can easily wear these insoles over other insoles or your custom orthotics.
- When you alternate between the toe and heel pressure the liquid in these insoles are forced back and forth for a soothing massage to increase blood circulation substantially.
- The cushioned support softens the impact on your feet to protect your knees, ankles hips and lower back when you walk or stand.
- The top layer is covered with a soft and comfortable velvety fabric that in turn repels moisture to keep your feet fresh.
- These insoles are likewise anti-bacterial treated to resist mildew and odors, keeping your feet fresh and healthy.
These Orthotic insoles from Physix Gear are ideal for sports and exercise, to wear with your favorite trainers.
- Excellent arch support particularly for flat feet, and aids to relieve metatarsal and arch pain while correcting abnormal walking patterns and relieving Metatarsalgia.
- Manufactured from very high quality durable medical grade, Dual Base layered, EVA foam and PU materials.
- A deep heel cradle offers excellent stability and shock absorption.
- The top layer is anti-microbial treated to prevent odor and mildew.
- A low profile and very thin design that helps to improve performance during activity.
- The ergonomic non-slip design gives you superb support and ensures the proper foot posture.
We all love the feel and comfort memory foam provides, well why not memory foam in your insoles to cradle your feet in the position and contour that is ideal and cushioned.
- Will best fit any medium or high volume footwear with removable insoles.
- Is able to completely replace manufacturers insoles.
- Easy trim to fit sizing opposition.
- Manufactured from high-density memory foam for the best all day support and cushioning.
Powerstep is one of the top brands when it comes to insoles, and the Pinnacle Breeze offers you ideal shock absorbency and cushioning for conditions such as Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis.
- Offers maximum cushioning with the durable EVA foam base and plush top layers.
- The semi-rigid arch support is firm , yet still flexible enough for good motion control.
- A cradled heel cup to offer better stability.
- A top anti-microbial layer which likewise reduces heat and friction, keeping your feet cool and comfortable even during strenuous exercise.
- Versatile enough to support all arch types, and to fit most shoes with a removable insole.
The Revitalise Your Sole brings us the Revs Reflexology Massaging Insole, to help reduce pain and comfort while offering excellent support and shock absorbency.
- Ideal for a neutral arch with a comfortable and massaging footbed that is full length.
- The size is adjustable by trimming to your specific requirements.
- Supports the natural contours of your feet and eliminate painful pressure points.
- The massaging effect of the nodules likewise aids to absorb impact.
- The textures on the insoles aids with sensory issues such as in patients with Neuropathy, Autism, and Parkinson’s.
- Very lightweight and soft yet highly durable, created with premium rubber with additional forefoot padding.
The acupressure Insoles from Magnetic Insole are ideal for individuals who suffer from Neuropathy, whose feet tend to become numb and have Pins and Needles.
- The Accupressure points and magnest stimulate blood circualation, and prevent fatigue and numbness.
- The Copper infusion aids in keeping your feet dry and odor free, with antibacterial and healing properties.
- The design offers good cushioning and support.
Andils are High Arch Support insoles that absorb shock and offer cushioned comfort to relieve symptoms associated with Neuropathy, Arthritis, and Plantar Fasciitis.
- The Cool and Fresh Top Lining absorbs sweat and reduces odor and bacteria.
- A deep heel cradle stabilizes your foot and ensures better natural movement.
- Cushioned for comfort and shock absorbency.
- Good Arch Support, particularly for a higher arch.
- Long lasting and robust comfort and support in a lightweight insole.
- Good Shock absorbency and anti-fatigue technology.
- A deep stabilizing heel cup.Moisture-wicking and cooling dry top layer.
- Excellent cushioned comfort and arch support.
Index Table: Top Rated Insoles for Neuropathy
|1||Step Right Unisex Insoles - Neuropathy Relief||Step Right||96|
|2||Physix Gear Unisex Sport - Orthotic Insoles for Neuropathy||Physix Gear||96|
|3||Happystep Unisex Memory Foam - Shock Absorbing Neuropathy Insoles||Happystep||96|
|4||Powerstep Unisex Pinnacle Breeze - Cool neuropathy Insoles||Powerstep||98|
|5||Revs Unisex Reflexology - Massaging Insole for Neuropathy||Revs||96|
|6||Magnetic Insole Unisex Deodorization Accupressure - Insoles for Neuropathy||Magnetic Insole||98|
|7||Andils Unisex Orthotic - Supportive Insoles for Neuropathy||Andils||98|
|8||Logics Best Unisex Pain Relief - Neuropathy Athletic Insoles||Logics Best||98|
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Signs and Symptoms of Neuropathy
- Insoles for Neuropathy
- Choosing the Right Insole for Neuropathy
- Reviews: The Best Insoles for Neuropathy
- Step Right Unisex Insoles Neuropathy Relief
- Physix Gear Unisex Sport Orthotic Insoles for Neuropathy
- Happystep Unisex Memory Foam Shock Absorbing Neuropathy Insoles
- Powerstep Unisex Pinnacle Breeze Cool neuropathy Insoles
- Revs Unisex Reflexology Massaging Insole for Neuropathy
- Magnetic Insole Unisex Deodorization Accupressure Insoles for Neuropathy
- Andils Unisex Orthotic Supportive Insoles for Neuropathy
- Logics Best Unisex Pain Relief Neuropathy Athletic Insoles
- Index Table: Top Rated Insoles for Neuropathy