Whether you are looking for the best pair of memory foam orthotic insoles or a pair of replacement insoles for the memory foam ones in your shoes, we’ve got you covered in this article! Find out more below on what memory foam is, why it benefits your feet, as well as some of its best features.
Comparison Table: Top Memory Foam Insoles
|1||HappyStep Unisex Shock Absorbing Insoles - Shock Absorb Memory Foam Shoe Insoles||HappyStep||96|
|2||Sof Sole Unisex Comfort Insoles - Memory Foam Comfort Booster Insoles||Sof Sole||96|
|3||Powerstep Unisex Premium Insoles - Contoured Memory Foam Shoe Inserts||Powerstep||95|
|4||COWDIY Unisex Support Insoles - Antimicrobial Memory Foam Support Insoles||COWDIY||97|
|5||LEAGY Unisex Anti-Slip Insoles - Depressurizing Memory Foam Shoe Inserts||LEAGY||96|
What is Memory Foam
Memory foam is also referred to as viscoelastic polyurethane foam or low resilience polyurethane foam. This foam was first invented by NASA in 1966 to improve upon astronaut pillow safety when making trips to outer space. Memory foam responds to your heat signature, molding itself around your unique body shape and compressing itself until a perfect pressure is maintained. Since memory foam takes on your shape as you heat it up, it is often used for precision orthotic devices that make customisation easy and affordable for everyone.
Memory foam was only unleashed to the general public for retail purposes in the 1980s. The first company that worked with memory foam was Fagerdala World Foams, which later opened up the famous Swedish Tempur-Pedic mattress range. Memory foam since then has been consistently developing each year, being infused with cooling agents or made more breathable with more spongy micro-perforation. Nowadays it is used in top of the line shoe inserts, mattresses, recliners, seating, rockets and more!
How Memory Foam Supports Your Feet
Memory foam insoles help support the feet in multiple ways:
- Flexible & Responsive – The foam is flexible and responsive, forming an exact shape of the contours of your feet. This feels incredibly comfortable and provides your feet with the precise support they need for their unique shape.
- Pressure Point Relief – Memory foam takes all the pressure exerted onto the foot and neutralizes it effectively, leaving your feet free from fatigue and able to walk for longer periods of time.
- Adaptive – While you are in mid-stride, memory foam will warp and move with the shape of your arches. This means that you are always given the correct foot support at any given time of the day, no matter what activity your feet are doing at the time.
- Cushioning – Memory foam is soft and very comfortable, giving your feet a layer of ideal cushioning.
- Distributes Force Evenly – Memory foam absorbs shock indirectly, by redistributing the force or impact that your feet are subject to. When the force is distributed, it disperses, effectively reducing the pressure on your feet.
Best Characteristics of Memory Foam Shoe Insoles
Below we have briefly listed five of the best features that should be inherent in your memory foam shoe insert for the best results.
- Firm Grip Bottom Layer – Memory foam alone is fantastic for foot support, but without a firm grip bottom, the insole may slide around a lot.
- Ventilation – Ventilation is important as many cheap memory foam manufacturers do not create ways for hot air to escape the foam. Without ventilation or perforation of the foam, your feet will perspire unnecessarily, which can cause blisters, discomfort or foot infections.
- Moisture Wicking – The top of the best memory foam insoles are covered in a layer of moisture-wicking material, which rapidly dissolves moisture and ensures that your feet remain dry and cool.
- Deep Heel Cup – A deep heel cup adds additional foot support, comfort and also helps to correct the alignment of the feet, controlling pronation as you walk.
- Thickness – The thicker the insoles are, the more they will compress and that compression will create a more supportive and protective insole.
Best Memory Foam Shoe Insole Reviews
Have a look at our best selection of memory foam shoe insoles below and click your favourite!
- Bolster the comfort of your shoes by using these memory foam insoles everywhere you go!
- Made from a thick layer of memory foam that bounces back up in 2 seconds after you remove your feet from your shoes.
- The activated carbon filter inside the insoles prevents odors from building up and leaves your shoes smelling fresh.
- The top layer is made from a moisture-wicking fabric, and the insoles have a ventilated design to ensure your feet do not get soggy.
- These insoles are lightweight and ideal for enhancing comfort and walking performance.
- These insoles are perfect for everyday use, in a large variety of footwear.
- Sof Sole designed these memory foam insoles to give your feet a comfortable experience you’ll never forget!
- These insoles are incredibly slim and will work in any shoe from a high heel to formalized dress shoes.
- The thickness of the memory foam ensures ultimate pressure point alleviation on the feet, molding to your exact arch shape as you walk.
- Covered in a soft nylon cover for durability and sweat resistance, allowing these insoles to last for months without falling apart.
- Trim to fit these insoles precisely in your shoes without worrying that the size won’t fit.
- Powerstep is one of the best insole brands in the US, specialising in affordable custom orthotics for fatigued feet.
- These memory foam shoe insoles consist of a dual layer for great support and a sure-footed grip inside your shoes to prevent sliding around.
- The deep heel cup and contoured arches help you to control for under or over pronation better.
- The top memory foam layer feels soft and comfortable, providing tired and aching feet with much-desired pressure relief.
- The low-profile design makes these suitable for most shoe types, with the exception of sandals and flip-flops.
- These contoured insoles are designed uniquely to remove pressure off feet as well as conform to the shape of the foot.
- Thicker at the heel, the memory foam creates a deep heel cup for additional support, motion control, and stability.
- The top layer is made from cotton as well as an antimicrobial moisture wicking material that keeps your feet fresh.
- The neutral design allows these insoles to be used for any foot type from flat to high arches.
- Trim to fit these insoles into any of your shoes and be amazed by their superior support!
- These insoles are ideal for sports, athletics as well as casual wear, providing extra stability inside your shoes.
- The bottom layer provides a sturdy shell for the memory foam to occupy, giving a deep heel cup and fantastic pronation control.
- Infused with carbon fibers for excellent odor control and antibacterial properties ensuring that your feet don’t smell.
- The insole is designed to maximise pressure distribution, allowing your feet to perform for longer whether at work or on the sports field.
- These insoles are easily transferable from shoe to shoe and can be washed for convenience.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table: Top Memory Foam Insoles
- What is Memory Foam
- How Memory Foam Supports Your Feet
- Best Characteristics of Memory Foam Shoe Insoles
- Best Memory Foam Shoe Insole Reviews
- HappyStep Unisex Shock Absorbing Insoles Shock Absorb Memory Foam Shoe Insoles
- Sof Sole Unisex Comfort Insoles Memory Foam Comfort Booster Insoles
- Powerstep Unisex Premium Insoles Contoured Memory Foam Shoe Inserts
- COWDIY Unisex Support Insoles Antimicrobial Memory Foam Support Insoles
- LEAGY Unisex Anti-Slip Insoles Depressurizing Memory Foam Shoe Inserts