Do you work in a place that demands to stand on your feet all day? Long hours can start to add up on the feet, causing fatigue and eventually conditions such as plantar fasciitis. To find out more about what you can do to give your feet a break, read further for information on the best insoles for working all day!
A Look At Possible Causes of Foot Pain
If your feet feel sore on a daily basis, these causes are most likely why.
- Incorrect Footwear – Many people do not wear footwear that compliment their foot type. If you have flat feet, an ordinary insole or shoe will give you foot pain after a while. Footwear also tends to wear down after a while, and if your hips are out of alignment, it can cause your shoes to wear unevenly, which can also lead to foot pain or fatigue.
- Sports or Work Injuries – If you are an athlete or run a lot in your job, you are exposing your feet to a high amount of impact, which can cause foot strain or injuries. Naturally, this will create some degree of pain in the foot.
- Medical Conditions – If you have a condition such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, arthritis, diabetes, edema, swelling in the foot or ankle, etc., you will likely experience pain walking on that foot.
Shoe inserts and orthotics will be able to correctly align the way your feet move, helping to alleviate these pains. Insoles can also provide extra shock absorbency and protection, helping our feet not to overexert themselves.
Medical Feet Conditions & What Insoles Work Best
Here are some helpful suggestions for the kind of insole that will likely benefit you if you have any of the conditions listed below:
- Plantar Fasciitis – Plantar fasciitis means that the arches of your feet are exhausted and aching. The best insoles for those with plantar fasciitis are usually ones that have adaptive arches, such as memory foam insoles. Cork and leather insoles will help over time and can prevent this from occurring.
- Achilles Tendonitis – This condition is where the heel is swollen, and it can make standing rather painful in severe cases. The best insoles for this condition would need to have a thick heel cup that lifts the heel up a bit, alleviating pressure off the heel and keeping it cushioned as you walk.
- Ball of Foot Pain – Ball of foot pain is common in those wearing high heels, but can occur to anyone. It could be considered the opposite problem to Achilles tendonitis because the solution is the opposite. You need an insole with a deep heel cup and with a bit of lift under your toes to help cushion the ball of the foot. The most pressure relief will be felt with metatarsal separation, where the big toe is separated and lifted away from the other toes.
- Edema or Diabetes – any orthotic insole that works for your foot type will help in these cases! Both have very sensitive feet that need protection, especially in the case of a diabetic who struggles to feel sensations in their feet. Make sure to get ampoule arch support and padding under the feet.
- Flat Feet – As the name suggests, if you have flat or no arches in your feet, you will need insoles that conform to your flat shape. Many people with flat feet suffer while wearing generic store-bought shoes where the right insole will fix that problem in a jiffy!
- High Arches – This is the opposite of flat feet and demands a deep arch insole.
The Best Qualities of Insoles for Work
Here are some of the best features of orthotic insoles currently available.
- Powersteps Pinnacle Maxx insoles are a very popular choice for those with plantar fasciitis or tired out feet.
- Variable cushioning technology adapts to the arches of your feet as you walk, making for an uplifting and comforting work day.
- The base of the insole is made from EVA foam for enhanced support and durability.
- The top layer of the insole is breathable to allow moisture to wick away from your feet more easily.
- These shoe inserts are anti-microbial, making them ideal for wearing to work on long shifts.
- The heel cup is angled slightly to aid full pronation control of those who overpronate their feet.
- These insoles from New Balance support those who under pronate by providing a ridged arch support.
- A deep heel cup is there to help those with pronation issues, as well as knee or joint pain.
- Shock absorbent pads have been placed under the forefoot and heel of the insole to protect your feet from excessive impact.
- The arches are flexible, allowing those with most foot types in an intermediate range to enjoy this product.
- The insole is covered in a soft top fabric which prevents blisters, mold and keeps your feet dry.
- Not Ideal for those with flat feet.
- These insoles are made for those who spend long hours on their feet outdoors or in high impact jobs.
- The top layer of the insole allows heat and moisture to be redistributed and is 100% antibacterial.
- Adaptive Arch Technology allows for you to walk comfortably with support in every step you take.
- The honeycomb design underneath the foot redirects pressure away from the foot, giving you a boost to your stride.
- A mildly deep heel cup aids with pronation control and helps sore ankles and joints.
- Suitable for those with tired feet, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, ball of foot pain, pain in the arches of the feet, knee pain and more.
- Suitable for flat feet.
- These superb orthotic insoles are designed for those with flat feet to get some pain relief on long hard days of work.
- Made by a leading podiatrist and endorsed by podiatrists Countrywide in the US.
- Samurai Insoles have a gentle heel lift, helping those with tired, flat feet as well as Achilles tendonitis.
- The neutral arches contribute to control for overpronation, which is common in those with flatter feet.
- Pad your feet and feel less pain in your heels after you begin to walk in a correct foot alignment.
- These work insoles are made to replace the factory insoles from your shoes and fit most generic shoe sizes.
- This cork insole will help you to control pronation while protecting your feet from the dangers of too much pressure.
- Ideal for those with medium arches, these insoles will wear into your unique shape over time and become a custom fit just for your feet.
- Cork is a naturally breathable material as well as being highly absorbent, allowing your feet to remain fresh and dry as you work.
- The contoured design will help to alleviate pressure off the arches of your feet, making a real difference in those with plantar fasciitis.
- Ideal for men’s dress shoes or any other work shoes as needed.
- Not suitable for flat feet.
- Variable Cushion Technology
- Controls Supination
- Deep Heel Cup
- Honeycomb Pressure Relief
- Adaptive Arch Technology
- Designed by podiatrists
- Mild Heel Lift
- Contoured Arch Design
- Deep Heel Cup
- A Look At Possible Causes of Foot Pain
- Medical Feet Conditions & What Insoles Work Best
- The Best Qualities of Insoles for Work
- Reviews: Best Insoles for Work
- Powerstep Unisex Stable Feet Insoles Firm Arch Support Insoles for Work
- New Balance Unisex Work Shoe Insoles Work Insoles for Underpronators
- Timberland Pro Unisex Working Shoe Insoles Latex Leather Combo Insoles for Work
- Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet Insoles Orthotic Work Insoles for Flat Feet
- Birkenstock Unisex Cork Work Insoles All Natural Custom Shape Work Insoles
- Comparison Table: Top Insoles for Work
Reviews: Best Insoles for Work
Here is our selection of the best insoles for work or standing on your feet all day.
Comparison Table: Top Insoles for Work
|1||Powerstep Unisex Stable Feet Insoles - Firm Arch Support Insoles for Work||Powerstep||98|
|2||New Balance Unisex Work Shoe Insoles - Work Insoles for Underpronators||New Balance||97|
|3||Timberland Pro Unisex Working Shoe Insoles - Latex Leather Combo Insoles for Work||Timberland Pro||97|
|4||Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet Insoles - Orthotic Work Insoles for Flat Feet||Samurai Insoles||98|
|5||Birkenstock Unisex Cork Work Insoles - All Natural Custom Shape Work Insoles||Birkenstock||97|
Table of Contents