If you stand a lot for your job or do a lot of walking around, some foot support can help ease any foot pains or discomfort. In this buyer’s guide, we will discuss how the foot works and why standing all day can result in foot pain over extended periods. The other sections will discuss foot types as well as the best features of insoles to help alleviate pressure on feet that stand all day.
Index Table: Best Insoles for Standing All Day
|1||Sof Sole Unisex Full Length Insoles - Stable Full Length Insoles for Standing All Day||Sof Sole||95|
|2||Sof Sole Unisex High Arch Insoles - Perfect High Arch Insoles for Supportive Standing||Sof Sole||98|
|3||Powerstep Unisex Pinnacle Insoles - Orthotic Insoles for Standing All Day||Powerstep||97|
|4||Birkenstock Unisex Flat Foot Insoles - Natural Cork Insoles for Standing Flat Feet||Birkenstock||96|
|5||Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Foot Inserts - Orthotic Shoe Inserts for Standing All Day||Samurai Insoles||97|
Why Standing All Day Can Cause Foot Pain
When we stand on our feet all day, the blood tends to pool in our feet. This can cause the feet to stop draining themselves efficiently and can lead to swelling, pain or throbbing in the feet or ankles. The muscles of the feet also remain contracted for the majority of the time, relaxing when you make a stride or sit down. Having your feet muscles contracted for most of the time will likely lead to plantar fasciitis, a common foot problem that is described as inflammation in the arches of the feet.
Other foot problems that those who stand all day may experience is cramping, easy bruising or developing fungal infections like Athlete’s Foot. These can all be aided by some good quality foot support that keeps your feet dry and fresh all day long. Incorrect foot gear also tends to hurt after a long day, while wearing an orthotic insole that matches your foot type will likely solve this issue.
Your Foot Type & the Foot Support You Need
Everyone’s feet are shaped differently. The form of your arches will show you what kind of foot support you need, along with any foot conditions.
- Flat Feet or Low Arches – Flat foot is where the arches of the feet are entirely flat, and it is one of the most common foot types. Generic factory insoles usually make shoe inserts for those with a medium arch profile, making most shoes uncomfortable for those with flat feet. Low arch feet need a flat insert with a very mild arch support and a slight heel lift.
- Medium or Neutral Arches – Medium arches are the foot type between high arches and flat feet. Moderate arch support, some toe lift, and a heel stabilizer will provide great support for medium arches. If one has sore knees, a slight heel lift can also be useful.
- High Arches – High arches are the rarest of the three types, and they need extreme arch support and a lot of padding under the foot. Having a very high arch can be painful to walk on continuously, as the bones in the feet are placed at sharper angles than most and can wear down more quickly. With a thicker insole, steep arch support, shock absorption, and a decent heel lift, high arched feet can feel at ease.
Best Qualities of Insoles for Standing All Day
If you have to stand on your feet all day, the following insole features will benefit you greatly!
- Heel Lift – A heel lift takes the pressure off your heels and knees. It also provides better circulation around the around and calf, as well as adds more protection between your heels and the ground.
- Adaptive Arch Support – When we walk, the muscles in our feet flex. Adaptive arch support will have the support move with the arches of your feet when you take a step. This ensures comfort at every step of the way!
- Moisture Elimination – We sweat a lot from our feet. Having a moisture elimination system in your insoles will help to reduce the chance of odor and bacterial growth. This feature will also reduce the chance of blisters and keep your feet feeling fresh all day.
- Acupressure Relief – Raised contours or precision arch support will provide a form of acupressure, which targets pressure points and alleviates them. If you suffer from tired feet, then this will help a lot.
- Metatarsal Lift – For those who have ball of foot pain or pain in their toes, a metatarsal lift is a good idea. When the toes are lifted up slightly and the big toe slightly separated from the others; it takes pressure off the forefoot, contributes to proper balance while walking and improves overall comfort.
Best Insoles for Standing All Day Reviews
Below we have our favourite insoles listed for standing all day long!
- These full length insoles have a low profile with a decent amount of arch support, making them ideal for those with medium or high arches.
- The deep heel cup allows your feet to feel secure inside your shoes and provides additional grip.
- The gel drop under the heel is shock absorbent and protects your heels against excessive force
- Ideal insoles for standing all day, sitting all day, working, wearing for casual use or using for athletics.
- The top layer is breathable and quick drying, eliminating moisture and keeping your feet dry.
- These are one of the best insoles for high arches currently available, providing steep arch support for those long days.
- The heel cup is raised and also cups the heel, giving you full control over pronation while taking the pressure off your heels.
- The arch support is adaptive, helping to alleviate your foot pain and reduce fatigue with precise and flexible support.
- Under the heel is a heel cap stabilizer, which contributes to keeping your feet firmly planted in your shoes and improving your sense of balance.
- Easily transferable from shoe to shoe, these insoles will last a very long time and are capable of supporting your feet daily through all activities.
- These orthotic insoles have been aimed at pronation control, providing excellent arch support and stability.
- The neutral arch support is ideal for those with medium arches in their feet who are prone to tired feet or plantar fasciitis.
- The dual layer foam cushioning is soft and does not bottom out while using the insoles, keeping your feet feeling comfortable all day.
- The top layer is breathable, moisture wicking and antimicrobial, preventing foot infections and blisters from occurring.
- The deep heel cradle is there to soften your landing with each stride you make, allowing you to take it easy when on your feet often.
- Birkenstock’s three quarter cork insoles offer all natural, foot adaptive support for those who suffer from flat feet or heel problems.
- The top layer is made from silk, which is also natural and dries very fast, leaving you feet comfortable and fresh all day.
- The insole provides your feet with a deep cushioned effect, stabilizing your heels and giving flat feet the support they require.
- Cork is naturally breathable as well as antibacterial and does not encourage bacterial growth or friction.
- Over time, the cork insoles will mold themselves to your unique foot shape and become your favorite pair of insoles for standing in all day!
- These insoles are podiatrist designed especially for those who have flat feet that ache on a continuous basis and who need foot alignment.
- The multiple layers provide a unique blend of stability, soft foam cushioning and firm, mild arch support, contributing to preventing pain in flat feet.
- The insole sizes were made to fit your feet precisely without needing to trim or guess what size you are.
- These insoles have a low profile and can be used in most types of shoes for immediate flat foot relief.
- Whether you have to stand all day, go for a jog or just walk around the house, these insoles will support your flat feet and make your day comfortable and enjoyable!
Table of Contents
- Index Table: Best Insoles for Standing All Day
- Why Standing All Day Can Cause Foot Pain
- Your Foot Type & the Foot Support You Need
- Best Qualities of Insoles for Standing All Day
- Best Insoles for Standing All Day Reviews
- Sof Sole Unisex Full Length Insoles Stable Full Length Insoles for Standing All Day
- Sof Sole Unisex High Arch Insoles Perfect High Arch Insoles for Supportive Standing
- Powerstep Unisex Pinnacle Insoles Orthotic Insoles for Standing All Day
- Birkenstock Unisex Flat Foot Insoles Natural Cork Insoles for Standing Flat Feet
- Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Foot Inserts Orthotic Shoe Inserts for Standing All Day