Plantar Fasciitis is a very painful condition, and you’ll definitely know you have it when you do.
Read further for more info on how to diagnose Plantar Fasciitis, causes, how to treat Plantar Fasciitis as well as some of the best insole features for Plantar Fasciitis.
What is Plantar Fasciitis? Symptoms and Causes
Plantar Fasciitis (also referred to as policeman’s heel) is when the tissue of the Plantar Fascia becomes painfully inflamed. The plantar fascia runs along the base of our feet, connecting the heel to the forefoot area. It is also what makes up the arches of our feet.
If you experience these symptoms, you likely have Plantar Fasciitis:
- Stabbing pain on the underside of your feet, between the forefoot and heel.
- Difficulty walking without extreme discomfort.
- Pain when flexing your feet.
- The feet are likely to be more tender in the morning.
- Lack of balance or coordination.
- Swelling along the Plantar Fascia.
Do not confuse Plantar Fasciitis for a heel spur. A heel spur is where growth occurs just before the heel. It has many of the same symptoms, but you would feel this hard growth, unlike in Plantar Fasciitis.
Prominent Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- Foot Injury
- Flat Feet
- Inappropriate Insoles
- Obesity or Sudden Weight Gain
- Late Stage Pregnancy
- Tight Achilles Tendon
- Wearing High Heels Every Day
- Lack of Exercise
- Weak Arches.
How Can I Treat My Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is a painful condition, but fortunately, it usually goes away with time and rest. If your Plantar Fasciitis keeps coming back after a substantial amount of time, consult your local podiatrist.
In the meantime, there are a few things one can do to help treat their Plantar Fasciitis or even to prevent Plantar Fasciitis.
- Gentle Stretching – Do not do this if your feet are feeling incredibly sore and sensitive. If your feet permit it, take the affected foot and place it over your knee. Using your hand on the same side, VERY GENTLY lift your toes back until you feel the arches of your feet pull. Try to hold for 10 seconds. This can be used as a way to measure if your Plantar Fasciitis is improving. Doing this on both feet each day will also help to strengthen your Plantar Fascia, which will help to prevent it from happening in future.
- Swimming – Swimming is a great way to help your foot pain during Plantar Fasciitis, as your feet need not touch the ground. Swimming in a salt water pool or at the beach also will help your feet to drain excess fluids, which will aid recovery.
- Anti-Inflammatories – To cope with the pain on a day-to-day level, consider taking anti-inflammatories. Consult your local pharmacist for general ones they have in store.
- Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis – One of the best ways to cope with Plantar Fasciitis, particularly if you still need to walk every day, is by purchasing a pair of insoles for Plantar Fasciitis. These will be able to provide the comfort and support necessary to ensure your feet don’t become more damaged and to help alleviate the pain.
Characteristics of Good Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
These are some of the best features of insoles for Plantar Fasciitis:
- The Right Fit – The insoles that work for your arch shape will be the best for you. Check to see if the insole is for flat feet, high arches or somewhere in between for the right fit.
- Shock Absorption – Shock absorbing insoles even out impact, shielding your feet from excessive force. This helps immensely with alleviating pressure off your feet and reducing foot pain when you make a step.
- Adaptive Arch Support – Adaptive arch support flexes as the arches in your feet do. This provides exceptional comfort, giving your swollen feet the precise support they need exactly when they need it in mid-stride.
- Gentle Heel Lift – A gentle heel lift will take the pressure off the Plantar Fascia, particularly if you experience pain closer to the heel. A heel lift also makes walking easier, as there is more protection between your heel and the ground. Your heel experiences some of the most impact as it is the first point of contact your foot makes with the ground when taking a step.
- Stabilizer Cap – These are often a nylon plate at the bottom of the insert, and they act to keep it in place inside your shoes. Stabilizer caps also aid your balance and prevent the insoles from sliding around.
Reviews: The Best Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
Below are some superior insoles for Plantar Fasciitis that are guaranteed to help you, depending on your foot type of course!
- These insoles have been orthopaedically designed to help keep your feet in their proper alignment while recovering from injury.
- The base acts as a stabilizer, made from a thick synthetic material that protects the feet and gives maximum support.
- Shock absorb gel pads have been placed in the heel and forefoot regions of the insole to help prevent impact from causing excess pains.
- The soft top layer wicks moisture away efficiently, keeping your feet fresh throughout the day.
- Ideal for those with neutral arches or flat feet that are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis or foot fatigue.
- Powerstep Pinnacle insoles are excellent for alleviating all round foot pain, providing optimal support and unmatched comfort.
- The dual layer foam cushioning gives the best semi-rigid support that Plantar Fasciitis requires, comfortably cradling your feet and alleviating pressure.
- A deep heel cup that is slightly raised helps to control pronation, aid balance and provides heel pain relief.
- The top layer of the insole is antimicrobial, disallowing for bacterial infections to manifest on your feet.
- The arch support disperses the pressure evenly, effectively minimizing pain across the entire foot, including your Plantar Fascia.
- These insoles from New Balance help to absorb shock that your feet endure on a daily basis, making walking lighter and less painful.
- The gel shock absorption pads have been strategically placed in the forefoot and heels for maximum force dispersion.
- The top layer is adaptive and will conform to the unique shape of your arches to support your foot type effectively.
- The heel cradle works together with the arch support to give your feet maximum pain and pressure relief.
- Suitable for most foot types and footwear, easily transferable from shoe to shoe.
- Samurai insoles were developed by a podiatrist who personally has flat feet, deciding it was time to make the ultimate flat feet insoles for most foot problems.
- These insoles are perfect for warding off Plantar Fasciitis most commonly associated with flat feet, providing complete arch support for fallen arches.
- The gentle heel lift that slides into the premium flat arch support provides an excellent base for pressure relief on flat feet.
- The insoles have a stabilizer cap at the base which holds them locked in place and keeps your balance in check.
- Reduce foot pain, help heal plantar fasciitis and resume doing everything you love in spite of your flat feet!
- If you are having trouble looking for insoles to support your feet, then these are the best insoles for you!
- The nylon plating on the base of the insoles keeps your feet firmly planted inside your shoes and prevents slipping about.
- The arch support is adaptive, flexing with your high arches as you move and providing relief at every step of the way.
- gel Cushioning in the heels
- Perfect for work shoes, running shoes or casual footwear.
- High rebound memory foam cushion insoles are fantastic for cushioning sore and tired feet or plantar fasciitis.
- The memory foam adapts to the shape of your arches, keeping them protected at all times from jarring impacts.
- A U-shaped deep heel cup helps to support the feet, lifting the heels slightly and taking the pressure off the arches.
- The outer shell offers semi-flexible support, which allows for natural foot movements and optimal motion control.
- A Good quality foam was used, making the insoles durable and ultra shock absorbing, preventing feet from experiencing wear and tear.
- Footminders place their focus on comfort with these support insoles, making them great additions to wear inside your work boots.
- High arch support and a deep heel cup both promote foot stability as well as relief for those with foot aches, plantar fasciitis or flat feet.
- The top layer is both moisture wicking and antibacterial, designed to keep your feet healthy, comfortable, and free of blisters or infections.
- Comes with a heel shock pad made from Durapontex material, which is highly efficient at deflecting jarring impact and protecting your knees.
- Great for use with work boots, casual shoes, or athletic sneakers.
- Recommended by podiatrists and chiropractors for those who have flat feet or plantar fasciitis.
- These orthotic insoles by StepComfy will blow you and your foot pain away once you take your first step!
- Made up of five layers of premium medical-grade materials, the insoles were meticulously designed to remove the pain associated with flat feet, plantar fasciitis, overpronation and more.
- Three-point arch support helps reduce pressure on your arches and ball of the foot.
- Two of the layers are made from cork which conforms to the precise shape of your feet after a short break-in period.
- A layer of Hi-poly Foam technology keeps your feet padded and comfortable all year round.
- The top layer plus the cork layers are breathable and antimicrobial, destroying any bacterial buildup in your shoes and reducing odor.
The Heel that Pain insole is full-length insoles that provide optimal support in order to eliminate heel pain caused by Plantar Fasciitis.
- Made to wear daily fitting almost any shoes.
- Supports your arch and provides effective heel pain relief.
- A natural Cushioning pad and multi-directional support.
- Highly durable and long lasting.
The Walk Hero features a deep heel cup to help support your heels preventing heel pain.
- Arch support that improves leg and foot alignment.
- A deep stabilizing heel cup with ample cushioning.
- Designed to use every day for moderate support and control.
- Made from Premium EVA materails.
Not a full insole but the Gel Heel cups from Armstrong Amerika will generously provide heel cushioned support which is ideal for Plantar Fasciitis relief.
- Made from durable and cushioned Silicone Gel.
- Heels sore and tired feet.
- Ultra lightweight and durable.
- Will not slip or slide around in your shoes.
Index Table: Top-Rated Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- What is Plantar Fasciitis? Symptoms and Causes
- Prominent Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- How Can I Treat My Plantar Fasciitis?
- Characteristics of Good Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Reviews: The Best Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
- Orthaheel Unisex Relief Insoles Full Orthotic Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Powerstep Unisex Pinnacle Cradle Cushion Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- New Balance Unisex 3030 Pain Relief Insoles Pressure Alleviating Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet Insoles Plantar Fasciitis Insoles for Flat Feet
- Sof Sole Unisex Support Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
- HappyStep Unisex Memory Foam Insoles High Rebound Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Footminders Unisex Flat Feet Insoles Work Boot Insoles for Flat Feet
- StepComfy Unisex Orthotic Insoles Plantar Fasciitis Orthotic Comfort Insoles
- Heel That Pain Unisex Full Length Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
- Walk Hero Unisex Arch Support Plantar Fasciitis Support Insoles
- Armstrong Amerika Unisex Gel Heel Cup Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
- Index Table: Top-Rated Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis