Ladies and cross-dressers, listen up! If your feet are aching on a daily basis from wearing high heels or raised platform shoes, you ought to know that there is a simple solution available that will make a world of difference. Read below for more information on how high heels cause foot pain, how the best insoles for high heels can benefit you, as well as what features make them the best.
Comparison Table for the Best Insoles for High Heels
|1||Powerstep Women's Orthotic High Heel Insoles - Slender High Heel Arch Support Insoles||Powerstep||98|
|2||Moneysworth and Best Women's Soft High Heel Inserts - Foam High Heel Foot Padding Insoles||Moneysworth and Best||95|
|3||Pedag Women's Velour Gel Insoles for High Heels - Gentle Velvet Padded High Heel Insoles||Pedag||96|
|4||Bodyprox Women's Blister Proof High Heel Insoles - Fully Padded Heel Insole for High Heels||Bodyprox||97|
|5||Hydrofeet Women's Liquid Gel High Heel Insoles - Foot Massage Insole for High Heels||Hydrofeet||98|
Why Do High Heels Cause Foot Pain?
If ballerinas can stand on their toes all day without hurting their feet, why can’t women wear high-heeled shoes without experiencing foot pain? The answer lies in the way the muscles of your feet work. When wearing high heels (unlike a ballerina), your feet remain in one position for the entire day, causing the muscles to get stiff, sore and fatigued. The arches of your feet get stretched and remain taught for the time you wear them. This can easily result in plantar fasciitis, ruptured ligaments or a pulled muscle in the foot.
Aside from the arches of your feet, high heels place an awful amount of pressure on the balls of the feet (the area of the forefoot just before the toes). This pressure builds up and can lead to ball of foot pain, bunions, swelling and more. One can also get heel blisters, Achilles tendonitis or pull muscles in the calf from wearing high heels.
How Can Insoles for High Heels Alleviate My Foot Pain?
Fortunately, there is a solution to high heel-induced foot pain. The best insoles for high heels will help you to alleviate pain in the following ways:
- Arch Support – to help ease the pressure exerted on the arches of your feet, high heel inserts provide them with extra support, comfort, and stability. This will contribute to preventing tired, aching feet.
- Posture Control – a grip on the sides of your feet from a high heel insole will help to control the way in which your feet posture themselves while you take a step. Better foot alignment puts a lot less pressure on your feet when you walk, resulting in less foot pain. This also keeps your feet firmly planted in the heels and prevents them from sliding around.
- Ball of Foot Padding – this is the most important part of a high heel insole, as ball of foot pain tends to be the most common high heel complaint. Padding underneath the ball of the foot will help to keep pressure off of that area, as well as make your feet feel super snug and at home in your heels!
- Blister proofing – if blisters are your problem when wearing heels, there are insoles made that provide a cushioning layer between your heel and the back end of the shoe. These are effective at preventing blisters or any friction from occurring whatsoever.
Best High Heel Insole Features
These are some of the best features for high heel insoles currently available:
- Antimicrobial – particularly important if you wear closed high heels, some high heel insoles are antimicrobial to prevent foot infections such as athlete’s foot.
- Low Profile – a low profile insert for your high heels allows you to wear more than just one kind of high heel. These high heel insoles are usually able to be used in flat shoes, pumps, open heels and sandals.
- Metatarsal lift – if the insole lifts your big toe up slightly and separates it from your other toes, it redirects force away from the ball of the foot. A metatarsal lift makes a huge difference, sometimes entirely abolishing ball of foot pain in one go.
- Shock Absorbency – shock pads inside your high heel insoles are a great idea if you like to strut your stuff often. Shock pads are commonly made from reinforced gel or latex, soaking up any impact like a sponge and redirecting it away from the heel and ball of the foot.
- Adaptive Arch Support – nothing feels better than wearing an insole with adaptive arch support. This means that whenever the muscles in your feet flex, the insole will adapt to conform to their exact shape. This feature will make your high heels feel like a new pair of shoes!
Best Insole for High Heels Reviews
Are you ready to stop feeling so sore in your favorite pair of heels? Have a look at the below insoles and choose the one you feel is best suited to you.
- Powerstep is a global leading orthotic insoles brand, proudly presenting to you these slender fashionable high heel insoles for sore feet.
- These insoles provide your tired feet with arch support and will fit into any high heels without needing to be trimmed.
- The slender design makes them fit for most high heels, including open toe high heels.
- Included in the design is a slight heel grip which works hand in hand with the reinforced latex base to give stable foot control.
- The metatarsal cushioning is adaptive, using variable cushion technology to perfectly comfort and protect the balls of your feet.
- The top antimicrobial layer will protect your feet from any infections, fungus or bacteria.
- If you are looking for a bunch of insoles that can be used in high heels, flats, pumps, sandals and more, then this is your best bet!
- These inserts for high heels and more provide excellent support up until the ball of the foot area.
- Made using a soft, comfortable foam, these high heel insoles will keep the tiredness out of your feet by cushioning them all day (or night) long.
- Moneysworth & Best is a leading foot care insole company, taking pride in manufacturing insoles that will protect your feet for a long time.
- One size fits most ladies’ shoe sizes.
- Pedag is a world renowned German company that specialises in quality Euro shoes and shoe inserts.
- These insoles for high heels are a great addition to their luxurious collection, made from stylish velvety velour to pamper your feet.
- The heel and arch of these insoles are padded with gel cushioning for ideal high heel arch and heel support.
- The hexagonal design on the underside of the arch and heel support also redirects shock away from these areas of the feet, effectively reducing heel and arch pain.
- These insoles are thin enough to use in heels, sandals, flip-flops and more; looking invisible and feeling great!
- Bodyprox made these high heel inserts for all those who suffer from blisters, calluses or slipping inside high-heeled shoes.
- Made from premium eco-friendly materials, the soft padding will support the heel of the foot underneath as well as all around.
- Prevent friction and blisters, using this insole to keep your feet in place, as well as to cushion your heels from the back of your shoes.
- Helps to control the way in which you walk, keeping your posture steady and helping you feel comfortable in your favorite pair of stilettos.
- Suitable for wearing in dress shoes, sneakers and all other closed shoes that give your heels blisters.
- These high heel insoles by Hydrofeet are made from a soft fiber filled with shock absorbent liquid gel for the best possible foot support.
- The arch pads are designed to help aid your posture while you walk, making your high heels more comfortable.
- The gel fill gives these insoles one of the best forms of adaptive arch technology, conforming to your feet with every step you take.
- Moreover, the liquid gel inside these inserts is great at regulating the temperature inside your shoes, remaining hot in Winter and cool in Summer.
- These inserts come included with a 3-year guarantee should there be any defects.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Insoles for High Heels
- Why Do High Heels Cause Foot Pain?
- How Can Insoles for High Heels Alleviate My Foot Pain?
- Best High Heel Insole Features
- Best Insole for High Heels Reviews
- Powerstep Women's Orthotic High Heel Insoles Slender High Heel Arch Support Insoles
- Moneysworth and Best Women's Soft High Heel Inserts Foam High Heel Foot Padding Insoles
- Pedag Women's Velour Gel Insoles for High Heels Gentle Velvet Padded High Heel Insoles
- Bodyprox Women's Blister Proof High Heel Insoles Fully Padded Heel Insole for High Heels
- Hydrofeet Women's Liquid Gel High Heel Insoles Foot Massage Insole for High Heels