High arches in the feet are not as common as having flat feet, but they can be just as painful on a daily basis.
To prevent further discomfort or complications associated with high arched feet, continue to read about the causes of high arches, the best mode of pain relief and treatment, as well as learning what the best form of high arch foot support is.
What Causes a High Foot Arch?
A high arched foot (also known as Cavus Foot or Pes Cavus) is a condition in which the arch of the foot forms too high.
Having high arches puts excessive amounts of pressure on the ball of the foot and the heel of the foot.
High arches also pull on their own, causing plantar fasciitis and other painful conditions.
In the majority of those with high arches, they inherited the high arches genetically from their parents or grandparents.
In hereditary cases of Cavus Feet, the way the bone structure of the feet forms causes the condition and is often easily diagnosed at an early age.
One can develop high arches from a number of causes too, however. Neurological disorders and other such medical conditions can result in Cavus Foot, whereby the . Examples of such conditions include:
- Spina Bifida
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
High Arch Foot Pain Relief and Treatment
If your high arches have developed from a medical condition, they are likely to worsen with time. There is no absolute known cure for having high foot arches. There are a couple of measures one can take to prevent the condition from worsening and to provide pain alleviation.
- Weight Loss – the less pressure applied to feet with high arches, the better. If you are overweight with Cavus Foot, you should consider losing weight to help ease the load on your feet.
- Orthotics – Foot orthotics are essential for those with high arches to help for stability, comfort and cushioning. If you have very severe high arches, it is advised that you see a podiatrist for custom foot orthotics, otherwise, have a look at our selection of premium high arched orthotics below!
- Physical Therapy – a physiotherapist can aid in helping your motor coordination, foot alignment, and balance when walking on high arched feet. This can help if you have troubles in these areas with cavus feet.
- The Right Foot Wear – most factory made footwear will not cater to high arches. Make sure your footwear is comfortable with the right amount of padding or replace the factory insoles of the shoes with better-suited ones.
- Surgery – corrective foot surgery may be recommended by your foot specialist for high arches, depending on what the cause of your high arch is. If you battle to walk on your feet, this may be a necessary option to compensate for the weaknesses in your feet. In many cases, this is not always a possible option.
Features of a Good Insole for High Arch
Here are some of the best-known features of high arch foot orthotics:
- Thick Cushioning – those with high feet arches need a thick cushioned insole to help ease any pressure on the heel and ball of the foot. A thick cushion provides more comfort and often more stability.
- Deep Heel Cup – a deep heel cup provides a better arch contour for those with cavus foot. It also helps for pronation and motion control, allowing you to step with greater ease, increased balance, and less pain.
- Adaptable Arch Technology – an adaptable arch is beneficial for all foot types, entirely able to warp and move with your exact arch shape. Since high arches tend to vary in shape and size often, an adaptable arch is far likely to take on your unique shape and provide you with the foot support you need.
- Shock Absorption – the less pressure on those high arches, the less frequent pain you will feel. It’s a good idea to have shock pads on the underside of your high arch insoles to prevent any jarring movements from harming your sensitive feet. Some shock absorption offers energy return, giving you a boost when you walk.
- Multiple Layers – usually an insole with a dual or tri-layer will provide the best comfort for your feet. A firm, stable bottom layer, made from high-density foam or latex, topped with a softer, mouldable top layer works the best.
Reviews: The Best Insoles for High Arches
If you have high arches or know somebody who could use the additional support, take a look at our selection below!
- Superfeet pride themselves in making a top range of orthotic insoles that keep feet comfortable and stable.
- The top layer is made of a breathable organic coating which is also odor-resistant, destroying odor-causing bacteria.
- The high arch contour of the insole is achieved by a high-density foam layer for a firm support structure, reducing stress on your arches, heels, and ankles.
- A stabilizer cap at the base of the insole contributes to keeping your feet stable in your shoes, providing balance and stability to your stride.
- A deep heel cup helps you to control pronation and walk with a perfect alignment.
- Here are a pair of insoles that are made for those with extremely high arches, offering a 3.3 inch arch support contours.
- Soft EVA foam is adaptable and fully capable of cushioning your high arches, alleviate pressure and keep your feet comfortable all day long.
- The heel cup is very deep, allowing for maximum stability on your feet as well as inside your shoes.
- A nylon plate protects the arch of the foot and the heel of the insole, absorbing shock and keeping your feet safe from any impact.
- The arch contours are not only very steep, but they are fully adaptable, giving your high arches the accurate support they require.
- New Balance insoles for high arches are wonderful for those who naturally are in need of better balance.
- The soft foam arch support is raised and centered to help those with medium to high arches.
- A rigid base made of latex is there to prevent slipping and sliding in your shoes.
- This insole comes with a moderately deep heel cup, which is useful for those with high arches who are suffering from Achilles tendonitis.
- Shock pads on the underside of the insole work to specifically protect the ball of the foot and heel of the foot from the impact force of walking or running.
- This dual layer insole is perfect for those with medium or high arches, being made of highly adaptable cork.
- The two-piece support system of these insoles is made uniquely for sports shoes, making them ideal for athletes or those who are on their feet all day.
- Cork is a natural substance that will mold itself to the precise shape of your feet over time, making for a pair of highly durable and exceptionally comfortable insoles.
- Breathe easily in your shoes with the right support for your arches, as Cork is a naturally breathable, ultra absorbent substance – keep your feet dry all day long!
- The top layer is made from very impressionable memory foam, holding a unique imprint of your exact arch shape as you play on the field.
- The heel is aligned to keep your feet balanced, stable and in proper alignment.
- Another brilliant insole for high arches from Sof Sole, these insole will cushion your feet from heel to toe.
- Made a bit wider than a usual insole with a very deep heel cup, those with bigger feet that have high arches will benefit from this insole tremendously.
- The arch support is designed for high arches, giving firm, rigid support as well as much deserved pressure relief.
- The gel drop in the back of the heel directs force away from the heel of the foot, aiding your stride in both casual and athletic activities.
- The anatomical arch support of these insoles helps those with both high arches or flat feet by providing steep support and cushioning.
- A deep heel cup conceals an additional heel pad for extra padding, taking the pressure off the heel and keeping your feet stabilized.
- Dual-layered foam foot support guides your arches in a way that balances out every step you take.
- Helps to ease the pain associated with pronation, arthritis, bunions, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and diabetes.
- Ideal for use in walking shoes, work boots, boots or any other everyday shoes.
- These sole insoles provide rigid arch support with thick cushioning to help lower strain on the plantar fascia.
- Ergonomically shaped to provide excellent support and relief to your arches, heels, and forefoot.
- Wearing these will help to improve your balance by evenly distributing weight and pressure on your feet.
- The top foam layer comes with a stiff stabilizer shell on the bottom that keeps your feet from sliding around inside your shoes.
- Molds to the shape of your feet when some heat is applied or after a short break in period.
- If you need something incredibly plush and comfortable, look no further – these Gosuban insoles are exactly what you’ve been dreaming of!
- Crafted from multiple layers of soft memory foam, including an extra plush pillow that molds to the exact shape of your heel and arches.
- A deep heel cradle protects your feet alongside the design of the footbed, preventing shock and impact from tiring out your arches.
- The top layer is antimicrobial and has a great grip, able to keep your feet free from blister, moisture, infection, and discomfort.
- Approved by podiatrists, these inserts were designed medically to support those with high arches, flat feet, foot pain or overpronation.
Snapsmile shoe inserts offer you the best scientifically proven arch support for a high arch.
- Made from premium breathable material with Biomechanical Reinforcement technology to eliminate excessive pronation.
- Designed to use every day and will fit almost all closed footwear.
- Features a U-Shaped Heel Cradle, for stability and high arch support.
- Dry top lining for comfort and support.
The Hyperspace insole is perfect for sports and athletic functions when you have a higher arch and need extra support and shock absorbency.
- Offers excellent arch support for a higher arch.
- Premium quality orthotic design made from antibacterial PU material and fabric.
- Cushioned and breathable for optimal shock absorbency and protection.
- Durable PU material with a cushioning GEL base.
Looking for the best-cushioned support and pain relief in a high arch, then the JUNZ is just for you.
- An Orthotic design ideal for everyday use.
- Made from the finest quality PU material with a breathable and moisture wicking Top lining.
- Helps to Stabilize and support your rearfoot, to protect your heels from impact.
- Offers excellent high arch support and memory foam cushioning.
Basmile insoles are designed to offer you the best in High arch support that an insole can offer.
- A soft ultra lightweight design that has anti-skid technology.
- Cushioned for comfort and shock absorbency.
- Scientific arch support designed for a higher arch.
- A trim to fit design for an adjustable fit.
Andils high arch support insoles ensure excellent pain relief and good pronation control.
- The perfect insole for excessive pronation and plantar fasciitis.
- Unique semi-rigid arch support for extra support in the heel and the base of the foot.
- A ergonomically designed Deep Heel Cradle.
- Moisture-wicking fabric top with cooling qualities.
The Moiso memory Foam insole contours to the shape of your foot to provide you with the best support and comfort, even if you have a higher arch type.
- Made with a premium PU base and multi-layered memory foam cushioning for long-lasting support.
- The top layer absorbs sweat and keeps your feet dry and cool.
- The arch support minimizes pressure on your feet and there is Gel cushioning in the heel.
- The ideal fit for almost any shoe type that has a closed design.
Index Table: Top Rated Insoles for High Arches
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- What Causes a High Foot Arch?
- High Arch Foot Pain Relief and Treatment
- Features of a Good Insole for High Arch
- Reviews: The Best Insoles for High Arches
- Superfeet Unisex High Arch Insole Foot Supportive Insoles for High Arches
- Sof Sole Unisex High Arch Performance Insole Steep Protection Insoles for High Arches
- New Balance Unisex Arch Cushion Insole Deep Seated Insoles for High Arched Feet
- Birkenstock Unisex Natural Cork Insoles Cork Cushion Insoles for High Arches
- Sof Sole Unisex Enhanced Height Insole Enhanced Protection High Arch Insoles
- WalkHero Unisex Anti-Fatigue Insoles Motion Control Insoles for High Arches
- Sole Unisex Thick Shoe Insoles High Cushioned Insoles for High Arches
- Gosuban Unisex Memory Foam Insoles Thick Memory Foam Insoles for High Arches
- Snapsmile Unisex Orthotic Orthotic High Arch Insoles
- Hyperspace Unisex Sports Sports High Arch Insole
- JUNZ Unisex Arch Support Insoles
- BASMILE Unisex Orthotic High Arch Support Insoles
- Andils Unisex Orthotic High Arch Support Insoles
- MOISO Unisex Orthotic Memory Foam High Arch Insoles
- Index Table: Top Rated Insoles for High Arches