Gout is a very general term that refers to a variety of conditions, all which are mainly caused by a build-up of uric acid, in certain key areas of the body.
If you are someone that is familiar with this condition, you have most probably noticed that most of the swelling and pain in your joints are focused in the joints of your feet, many times your big toe.
A sudden intense pain, or the feeling that your feet or other joint areas are on fire, these are the warning signs of oncoming Gout.
Gout is a form of inflammation similar to arthritis which develops in people who have high concentrations of uric acid in their bloodstream. Uric acids forms crystals in the shapes of needles in your joints which causes sudden and very severe episodes of pain, redness, bulging, warmth and swelling.
Stages of Gout
Asymptomatic Hyperuricemia, which is the first symptom, where your uric acid levels become high and start forming crystals.
Acute Gout, when uric acid levels spike triggering a gout attack.
Interval Gout, refers to the time between Gout attacks, there may be no pain, but the joints are still inflamed and may be damaged.
Chronic Gout when gout attacks become more frequent and uric acid levels remain high over the years, which may lead to joint damage and loss of mobility.
Treatments and Preventative Measures
You can use certain medications to reduce pain and to reduce the body’s production of uric acid. Then there is also cortisone treatments that aid in healing inflammation.
Life changes such as a better diet, reducing your alcohol intake, losing weight and quitting smoking will all help to prevent and eliminate Gout.
How Gout Affects Your Feet
Gout attacks your joints causing intense pain, redness, and swelling. These joints can be in your knees, ankles, elbows, fingers, but mostly Gout affects your feet and big toes.
A Gout attack can be unexpected and extremely painful, it may cause immobility when it attacks the joints in your feet, knees or ankles.
What to Look for in an Insole for Gout
If you suffer from Gout in your feet, there are insoles that can help alleviate the pain and prevent further aggravation;
- An anti-microbial and heat and friction resistant top layer.
- Good shock absorbency.
- Heel and arch support.
- Heel cradle for stability.
- Cushioning for protection against impact.
- Moisture-wicking properties to keep your feet dry and cool.
Reviews: The Best Insoles for Gout
Below are some of the best insoles to relieve pain and discomfort associated with Gout;
A comfortable orthotic insole that will provide you with superb pain relief. The RX from Spenco is lightweight and well cushioned for maximum support and comfort.
- An orthotic insole withheel-to-toe SpenCore material.
- The technical top cloth is heat and friction resistant with a Slipure Antimicrobial treatment.
- Fully cushioned for comfort and very lightweight.
- Adjustable size, just cut to the shape and size that you require.
The Powerstep Pinnacle is a real powerhouse when it comes to orthotic insoles. Packed with features that provide support and comfort, to keep your feet dry, fresh and well cushioned all day.
- A premium heel cradle for optimal stability and support, preventing motion control and overpronation.
- First-rate cushioning with a dual layer cushioning system that reduces pressure on your feet when you stand or walk, preventing pain and discomfort.
- The top layer offers exceptional friction reducing, anti-microbial properties to keep your feet dry and fresh.
Look no further than the Physix Gear Orthotic insole, for the best insole choice for your sports or athletic shoes.
These insoles feature a tough and durable design that will provide you with the best in cushioning for shock absorbency, as well as outstanding arch support.
- Superior and robust arch support for every arch type.
- An ergonomic non-slip design for better foot posture, and to prevent feet from slipping inside your shoes.
- The heel cup offers additional support and stability.
- More room in the toe box area to fit comfortably in any shoe, and allow for less pressure on painful toes.
- Manufactured from the finest quality PU and EVA foam materials, that are durable, soft and cushioned.
The Spenco Polysorb is another excellent choice in insoles for sports shoes and trainers, offering you the best arch support and cushioned shock absorption.
- The four-layer stretchable top fabric is treated with Silpure anti-microbial treatment to prevent blisters and foot odor, creating a dry and cool environment for your feet.
- EVA foot cushioning for energy return and high impact reduction.
- The lightweight polysorb polyurethane foam offers superior arch and heel support with a stability heel plug for better heel alignment.
Vionic is a well-known name when it comes to orthotic, comfort shoes, and this likewise in insoles.
- You can wear Vionic insoles with any shoe, not only Vionic brand models.
- The durable design is lightweight with medium density EVA at the base for better support.
- A deep heel cup aids in correcting your foot positioning and adds stability.
- Each orthotic insert is podiatrist designed and can be trimmed for a perfect fit.
- The Eco Fresh top cloth will safeguard you against odor and bacteria.
- Ideal for everyday support and cushioning.
We have all heard about Sof Sole, they make some of the most popular and genuinely comfortable orthotic insoles.
The Air Orthotic is a full-length insole with technology to keep your feet cool, something that is much sought after when you have gout.
- An athletic design orthotic insole ideal for a low arch or flat feet, for running, walking and training.
- The reinforced Nylon arch support plate provides better motion control and promotes alignment.
- Skydex air bubbles in the heel and arch area of the insole will absorb shock during very high impact activities.
- The Coolmax top fabric layer wicks away moisture prevents the growth of bacteriaand odor developing, while keeping your feet cool.
Insoles when you have Gout are truly a good investment, your feet will have the comfort and support they so desperately seek after.
Some insoles come with cooling technology which is a huge bonus when you have swollen and throbbing joints in your feet.
Index Table: The Best Gout Insoles
|1||Spenco Unisex RX - Orthotic Insole for Gout Symptoms||Spenco||95|
|2||Powerstepp Unisex Pinnacle - Dual Cushioned Gout Insole||Powerstepp||97|
|3||Physix Gear Unisex Sport - Full Length Gout Insoles||Physix Gear||98|
|4||Spenco Unisex Polysorb - Sportsmans Insole for Gout||Spenco||96|
|5||Vionic Unisex Orthotic - Supportive Gout Relief Insole||Vionic||97|
|6||Sof Sole Unisex Air Orthotic - Orthotic Gout Insole||Sof Sole||96|
Table of Contents
- Understanding Gout
- How Gout Affects Your Feet
- What to Look for in an Insole for Gout
- Reviews: The Best Insoles for Gout
- Spenco Unisex RX Orthotic Insole for Gout Symptoms
- Powerstepp Unisex Pinnacle Dual Cushioned Gout Insole
- Physix Gear Unisex Sport Full Length Gout Insoles
- Spenco Unisex Polysorb Sportsmans Insole for Gout
- Vionic Unisex Orthotic Supportive Gout Relief Insole
- Sof Sole Unisex Air Orthotic Orthotic Gout Insole
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: The Best Gout Insoles