If walking is becoming an issue due to foot pain, then you need to read this!
Below we discuss common causes of foot pain, what you can do to prevent and remedy foot pain, as well as what foot pain relief insoles can do to help you from day to day.
Top 10 Causes of Foot Pain
Foot pain is most commonly caused by some kind of inflammation in the foot. Here are 10 of the most common causes of foot pain:
- Plantar Fasciitis – This is a condition where the arches of the feet are inflamed and is often a result of prolonged foot fatigue.
- Achilles Tendonitis – If the area above your heel is bruised, swollen or aching and you find it painful to walk, you likely have Achilles Tendonitis.
- Heel Spurs – This is a growth (usually a calcium deposit that hardens) under the heel of the feet. If you suspect this is your problem, seek medical attention immediately.
- Bunions – Bunions are very uncomfortable swellings on the toes that make walking difficult.
- Ball of Foot Pain – Ball of Foot pain is where the forefoot swells or aches due to excessive pressure. This pain is often associated with wearing high heels day in and day out.
- Sports Injury – Spending a lot of time on the sports field can lead to overexertion of the feet from high impact activity. This can injure your feet without proper protection and lead to foot pain.
- Edema – Edema is an obvious foot condition where the ankles and sometimes the entire feet are swollen.
- Flat Feet – Flat feet are a common foot type that can be very uncomfortable to walk on, particularly when walking in shoes that are not designed for them.
- Foot Infections – Bacterial and fungal infections in the feet can cause the feet to swell, leading to discomfort.
- Blisters – Friction and moisture build-up inside your shoes can cause blisters, which can be pretty painful if left unattended.
Foot Pain Relief Remedies
The above causes of foot pain can be helped (or prevented) with the following foot pain remedies:
- Stretching – Stretching the feet every day will keep them fitter and prevent you from pulling muscles. This is critical for athletes and those who need to be on their feet all day long. Those with stiff feet will also benefit, as stretching improves blood flow and helps to loosen muscles.
- Ointments – An anti-inflammatory foot ointment can help to reduce foot pain tremendously. Some of the best ointments are arnica gel or a magnesium spray/cream.
- Foot Baths – A foot bath with Epson Salts tends to aid swelling and radically bring down inflammation. Adding natural ingredients like green tea or rosewood oil can help immensely too/
- Wearing Flatter Shoes – If you have flat feet or ball of foot pain, try wearing flatter shoes that distribute your weight evenly.
- Choosing Proper Insoles – The right pair of insoles will make all the difference! They’ll protect your feet, as well as help you through and prevent foot pain. Make sure you get a pair of insoles that are appropriate for your foot type (high or flat arches). If you have pain at the back of your feet, you will want an insole that has a lift at the back. If you have forefoot pain, you will need a pair of insoles that are flatter with a toe lift.
Features of a Good Insoles for Foot Pain
These below insole features are some of the best for foot pain relief.
- Moisture Elimination – Insoles that are highly absorbent and quick drying will prevent odors, infections and blisters. This will reduce the chance of swelling or aching due to infections and will also make wearing your shoes very comfortable all day long.
- Multiple Layers – The more layers your insole has, the more comfortable they are. The best insoles are layered with a firmer material at the bottom and softer materials at the top. This combination provides optimal support coupled with superior cushioning and comfort.
- Firm Arch Support – If your feet are very sore, you will want firmer arch support. Make sure the arch support you get is appropriate for your foot type.
- Energy Return – When we make a step, force gets applied to our feet. Insoles that have energy return allow for some of this force to be returned to you, making your steps lighter and easier to execute.
- Shock Resistance – Shock resistant insoles will protect your feet from excessive shock or pressure. These are especially great for runners or those who play sports on hard surfaces.
Reviews: Best Insoles for Foot Pain
Choose your favorite insoles from our premium selection of best insoles for foot pain!
- These shoe inserts will help to address any foot complaints you have.
- The low profile design makes them ideal for slipping into most open or closed shoes without compromising your foot space.
- They’re made from multiple layers of cushioning foam to give your foot the proper support it needs.
- The top layer is anti-microbial, as well as moisture eliminating, making it perfect for those who have to wear shoes all day long.
- The underside of these cradling insoles is shock absorbent, making them adept at deflecting any pressure that your feet endure.
- Compact with many layers of functional, supportive padding materials, these insoles will help make walking feel effortless!
- The top layer is made from eco-friendly cork which molds to the exact shape of your foot’s arches and gives them the precise support they need.
- A slight heel-lift makes them perfect for aiding painful foot conditions like plantar fasciitis and edema.
- The breathable top fabric feels as soft as velvet velour and keeps your feet fresh and dry while wearing the insoles.
- The entire design of the insoles was made to scientifically control pronation and support flat or medium arches in the best possible way.
- From the U-shaped heels to the shock absorbent underside, these insoles were made for excellent pronation and foot pain relief.
- The arch support pad is made from firm foam to help support your arches and keep your foot and ankles in place.
- The U-shaped back cradle is slightly lifted and has extra cushioning, making them especially one of the best insoles for heel pain.
- Stabilizing under your feet, these insoles will prevent your feet from sliding around in your shoes and ensure proper balance.
- The shock-absorbent material not only deflects pressure, but it takes the excessive pressure and distributes it evenly along the foot, further reducing all impact on your feet.
- If you’re tired of spending $500 on medical inserts for flat feet that don’t work very well, then these insoles are for you!
- Designed by a leading podiatrist, these insoles cost only a fraction of the price but provide even better flat arch support than most medical grade orthotics.
- Made from four layers of cushioning foam and shock-resistant materials, these insoles will take all pressure off the feet.
- Instead of suffering from pronation problems, stiffness, pain, and fatigue, these insoles will provide proper support and relief.
- The gentle heel lift and stabilizing bottom give them a feel of unmatched comfort for those with severely fallen arches.
- These shoe insoles will provide optimal pain relief for those with tired feet or plantar fasciitis.
- The top layer is made from a highly breathable fabric which also absorbs moisture and wicks it away efficiently.
- Corrects problems associated with flat feet, overpronation, plantar fasciitis, and overall foot pain.
- The hi-tech materials reduce heat and friction, improving comfort and preventing your feet from sweating blistering or receiving infections.
- A deep cradle cups your feet, holding it in place and providing the best cushioning for those with arch pain.
- If you suffer from foot pain due to underpronation (supination) then these insoles are perfect for you!
- Covered in an anti-slip fabric with hygienic antibacterial properties, the insoles promote a healthy, stable environment for your feet.
- A side arch support, as well as a raised middle arch support bump, both work together to support your arches and keep your feet in perfect alignment.
- Dual-layer EVA cushioning is lightweight, durable and provides a very soft surface for your feet to rest upon.
- The low profile allows you to slip these into any shoe of choice with ease.
- Superior medical grade construction went into these plush insoles, using incredibly comfortable memory foam cushioning to keep the pressure off your feet.
- A deep back cradle locks your feet in place and minimizes slippage inside the shoes.
- The thick layer of memory foam makes use of adaptive arch technology, quickly accommodating any shape your feet make while in mid-stride.
- A raised heel cup and full padded footbed offer better shock absorption and protection against foot pain.
- Ideal for all foot types and any cause of foot pain such as plantar fasciitis or overpronation.
- If you need a pair of insoles for playing sports without foot pain, look no further!
- Physix Gear Sport Insoles offer podiatrist-approved foot protection and relief, guaranteed to help eliminate pain in your arches.
- Made on purpose with an unusually low profile so that you can fit these into your running shoes without any discomfort.
- The minimal arch support is semi-rigid and corrects pronation problems, therefore effectively reducing foot pain.
- Constructed from highly durable EVA foam which provides exceptional cushioning and shock deflection to your feet.
- Great for all outdoor activities from rock climbing to running.
- Perfect for those with flat or neutral arches.
Comparison Table: Top Foot Pain Insoles
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Causes of Foot Pain
- Foot Pain Relief Remedies
- Features of a Good Insoles for Foot Pain
- Reviews: Best Insoles for Foot Pain
- NAZAROO Unisex Flat Orthotic Insoles Supportive Orthotic Insoles for Foot Pain
- WAKI HOME Unisex Medical Insoles Functional Comfort Insoles for Foot Pain
- Atokker Unisex Shockproof Insoles Smooth Shock Absorbing Insoles for Foot Pain
- Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet Insoles Podiatrist Insoles for Flat Foot Pain
- LINLIS HEALTH Unisex Pronation Insoles Pronation Correction Insoles for Foot Pain
- WAKI HOME Unisex Pronation Insoles Pronation Correcting Insoles for Foot Pain
- Gosuban Unisex Memory Foam Insoles Thick Cushion Insoles for Foot Comfort
- Physix Gear Sport Unisex Arch Support Inserts Athletic Insoles for Foot Pain
- Comparison Table: Top Foot Pain Insoles