Our feet are quite fragile, despite how often we use them to support ourselves.
Sports, such as basketball, are especially tasking on the anatomy of our feet and can cause critical foot damage, aches, and pains.
Basketball shoe insoles can help to minimize the chance of injury on the court and knowing which are the best for your feet will help you to really Up Your Game!
How Playing Basketball Can Damage Your Feet
When you are out on the court, playing basketball, you use your feet to run and jump all the time. Each time you use your feet to do either of these, you stretch a ligament at the base of each of your feet known as the Plantar Fascia. If the plantar fascia is not warmed up before your game, like most other ligaments and muscles, it can get pulled and result in pain.
Your heels also have muscles which flex each time you jump up, namely your Achilles Tendon. Basketball can also result in pulling the Achilles Tendon. If you decide to push it further and play more basketball while your foot is experiencing strain in the above areas, it can result in full on plantar fasciitis or Achilles tendonitis. Either foot conditions exhibit symptoms of swelling, severe pain, discomfort, and bruising. The high impact of constant jumping can also lead to shin fractures and knee concerns.
Basketball Shoe Insoles And Other Effective Treatments for Basketball Related Foot Damage
Basketball insoles are one of the best ways to support your feet while playing, especially if you have previously injured your feet. They tend to help the shoe to stay firm and add extra padding to absorb shock when you jump about. If you suffer from a foot condition, such as high arches (Cavus foot) or flat feet, shoe inserts can help you to play without automatically accruing pain.
Stretching the ligaments and tendons in your foot is critical, before and after your game (stretching your whole body is equally as important!) This ensures your feet are properly warmed up and ready to handle some high-performance exertion, like basketball. A simple exercise to help stretch your feet, legs and lower back before your basketball game involves only straightening your legs and carefully attempting to touch your toes. Do this exercise slowly – the aim is to gently improve blood flow to these muscles, preparing them for some exertion and real exercise.
Qualities of the Best Basketball Insoles
NBA players tend to have their orthotics custom made, as their budgets can allow for this. This is the best way to ensure you get the optimal foot support you need. However, the qualities they choose to put into their shoes can be found in products on the insoles market.
The best basketball insoles should provide you with:
- Optimal Arch Support: whether your arch is too high or too flat. Neutral arch support insoles tend to work for all foot types, unless extreme.
- Shock Absorbers: Sports insoles should be able to act as shock absorbers, providing extra padding and if your heel is compromised, they should give you extra height.
- Breathability: An additional feature is having some perforation so that your feet can sweat naturally.
- Materials: The best basketball inserts/insoles are made from would be foam, gel foam or latex, which are very light-weight materials that provide optimal foot support, heel support and absorb shock exceptionally.
- Fit: Insoles also need to be able to fit firmly in your shoes, so make sure they match your correct shoe size before purchasing!
Reviews: Best Insoles for Basketball Shoes
Below is our premium selection of the best insoles for your basketball shoe. It’s time to take your game to the next level!
- Shock Doctor’s Court Insoles are made from a very comfortable, light-weight foam that is adaptive to the way your foot arches.
- Perfect foot insole for any athletes that play on a court or similar surfaces, such as a basketball player or tennis player.
- Consist of three layers, the top layer is anti-microbial and reduces foot friction.
- Designed to stay in your shoe and keep your foot in place.
- The extra heel and mid-foot shock dome helps to aid conditions like plantar fasciitis and keeps your feet relaxed, even when enduring high impacts.
- Made from polyester for firm foot support.
- Designed to reduce the impact on your heel, feet, and knees with specific components supporting the right areas of your foot.
- Light-weight and returns energy, which helps you to soften landings on your feet as well as taking off when leaping on them.
- Reduces the risk of sprains in the ankle and knees.
- This product was made especially for basketball players who want to protect their feet.
- The base is perforated, allowing you to breathe and sweat naturally.
- Experience enhanced efficiency and a more compelling game with these basketball insoles.
- Made especially for Children’s Feet, this product will help kid’s improve their basketball performance.
- Light and comfortable, they support the feet to help prevent injuries, straining and bruising that can occur in basketball.
- Feet conditions that this insole is suitable for include plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, Sever’s disease and Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease.
- These insoles also give height to a child’s foot, which helps to keep the shoe in place and provide extra heel support during abrupt mechanical ducks, cuts, jumps, and dives.
- The DuPont Engage Technology that this insole uses in the design significantly reduces foot fatigue and wear-and-tear while providing energy return.
- RxSorbo Sports Insoles are perfect foot support for the heel, Achilles tendon and plantar fascia.
- Helps to alleviate pain and discomfort in the back, knees, hips, heels, shins, and pain from shin splints.
- The top layer is anti-microbial, helps to prevent moisture build-up and removes odor.
- Scientifically proven to alleviate symptoms of heel spurs and diabetic ulcers.
- Endorsed by the American Podiatric Medical Association and medical experts.
- Absorbs up to nearly 95% of all shock and helps safeguard feet against wear and tear from physical exertion and sports.
- Durable and light-weight, these insoles will keep their shape for years to come thanks to the Sorbothane they are made from.
- Maximum support is provided to the athletes foot who wears this insole, thanks to a gel padding in the heel and forefoot area.
- Includes a neutral arch which is ideal for all foot types, flat feet or cavus/ high arch feet.
- Can also be used to correct foot posturing inside shoes for walking, running, standing, casual use and athletic training purposes.
- Hydrologix Moisture Management technology keeps your feet dry and avoids over-heating.
- Reduce the impact and strain to your feet with this shock absorbing insole, while improving your performance at the same time!
- For those who want to play basketball but are recovering from plantar fasciitis, these arch support insoles will do just the trick!
- Podiatrist-designed for flat foot pain relief, a deep heel cup and two layers of cushioning will make your feet feel right at home.
- Extra high arch support and a metatarsal raise take the pressure off your arches and ball of foot.
- The top layer is moisture wicking and antibacterial, keeping your feet feeling pampered, dry and comfortable for hours on end.
- A heel shock pad deflects all jarring impacts and force from damaging your feet or putting a strain on your joints.
- With the comfortable padding and support these insoles offer, your feet will feel great, even while enduring vigorous activity on the tarmac while playing basketball.
- A gel heel and forefoot pad offer brilliant shock absorption which distributes pressure evenly on your feet and alleviates pressure.
- The heel cup is raised and deep with a comfortable cushion for further safe-guarded protection against jarring impacts.
- Antibacterial for reduced perspiration and elimination of all infections and odors.
- Great for playing basketball or standing on your feet all day long and preventing foot fatigue.
- These gel massage insoles will rock your world, especially if you enjoy playing sports like basketball that are highly demanding.
- Fully fitted with maximum gel shock absorption technology, the heel incorporates the use of five springs to make the soles extra bouncy and twice as protective.
- The forefoot contains 7 built in acupressure massage relief points that alleviate pain and strain on the front of your feet, helping you to keep your stamina up on the court.
- Multiple layers of foam provide comfort like no other insole, supporting your arches perfectly for both flat or neutral arches.
- Ideal for basketball, jogging, walking, running, hiking and other sports.
Comparison Table: Top Basketball Insoles
Table of Contents
- How Playing Basketball Can Damage Your Feet
- Basketball Shoe Insoles And Other Effective Treatments for Basketball Related Foot Damage
- Qualities of the Best Basketball Insoles
- Reviews: Best Insoles for Basketball Shoes
- Shock Doctor Unisex Active Ultra Insoles for Basketball Players
- Spenco Unisex GRF Specialized Basketball Shoe Insoles
- Nxtmile Unisex Kids Basketball insoles for kid’s feet
- RxSorbo / Sorbothane Unisex Sport High Impact Sports Insoles
- Sof Sole Unisex Neutral Arch Athlete Comfortable Neutral Arch Insoles For Optimal Athletic Performance
- Footminders Unisex Comfort Orthotic Insoles Arch Support Insoles for Basketball
- DJMed Unisex Stamina Insoles Orthotic Anti-Fatigue Basketball Sport Insoles
- BRZ-Energy Unisex High Impact Insoles Shock Resistant Gel Insoles for Basketball
- Comparison Table: Top Basketball Insoles