Many people worldwide are suffering from Achilles Tendonitis every single day or are on their way to getting there. If you use your feet a lot and experience pain in your ankles or heels, you may be suffering from Achilles Tendonitis.
Specialized Insoles for Achilles Tendonitis can provide you with the heel pain relief that you need and can help to prevent it from occurring in future.
What is Achilles Tendonitis? Symptoms and Causes
Achilles Tendonitis (also known as insertional Achilles Tendonitis) refers directly to swelling, bruising or inflammation of the Achilles Tendon. The Achilles Tendon is the tendon that starts at the base of your heels and connects to your calf muscle tissues. If you damage your Achilles Tendon in any way or overuse the Achilles Tendon, it can result in Achilles tendonitis. Symptoms include swelling, pain or discoloration at the back of the heel.
The causes of Achilles Tendonitis vary considerably, depending on the person and circumstances. If you are on your feet all day long and wear the wrong shoes, you will strain your heels and could get Achilles Tendonitis. High heels and shoes that are too high will shorten the length of your calf muscles over time, which weakens the Achilles Tendon and may create Achilles tendonitis later.
Flat feet, low arches or high arches are all also known to lead to Achilles tendonitis over time. The way we walk also may put a strain on our Achilles Tendon; pronation (pointing our toes in when we walk) flexes the Achilles Tendon and over or under pronation can lead to Achilles tendonitis due to wear and tear. Another primary cause of Achilles Tendonitis is due to sports-related injuries, in which the Achilles Tendon experiences a high amount of stress from sudden jumps, high impact running and more.
Achilles Tendonitis Treatments, Preventions and Cures
Achilles Tendonitis tends to go away when the swelling or inflammation of the Achilles Tendon disappears. If you rest your feet regularly, stretch your feet and look after them, you can often prevent Achilles tendonitis or cure it fast before the pain becomes acute. Not resting your feet and continuously exerting them can lead to ongoing Achilles Tendonitis! Athletes will want specialized gear, such as shoe insoles, to look after their feet from the high amount of physical impact they endure.
Acute Achilles Tendonitis or a strained Achilles tendon last for 4-6 weeks on average. During this painful recovery time, you have a few home treatment options at your disposal to help provide you with much needed pain relief. Eating food that lowers inflammation in the entire body, not moving your Achilles tendon around lots and using orthotic shoe insoles will help you to speed up your recovery time. If you have ruptured your Achilles Tendon, the pain will be far greater, and you will need to see a podiatrist for a diagnosis and a leg brace to completely immobilize your foot and heel.
Characteristics of the Best Orthotic Insoles for Achilles Tendonitis
- Adaptive Arch Technology – arch support insoles that have the ability to take on the shape of your foot’s arch. Adaptive Arch Technology is suitable for individuals with both Flat feet or high arches.
- Neutral Arch Technology – this describes a toss-up between too high and too low an arch and can be used to mild Achilles tendonitis in individuals who do not have extremely high or low arches.
- Heel Lift Support – insoles with this property are height increasing insoles. Increasing your height by 10-15mm helps take pressure off the Achilles Tendon when suffering from Achilles tendonitis.
- Foam Bases – latex, memory foam and other firm foam bases tend to make the best orthotic insoles, offering a brilliant balance between comfort, support, and posturing of our feet.
- Anti-pronation – also known as motion control insoles, anti-pronation insoles lock the heel in place, minimizing the impact on and the flexing of the Achilles Tendon.
- The right fit – cut your insole to size if it doesn’t already fit. The Right Fit will ensure your foot is locked into your shoe, taking full advantage of your orthotic insole and preventing unwanted harm from slipping around inside the shoe.
Reviews: Best Insoles for Achilles Tendonitis
To help you pick the best orthotic insole for your Achilles Tendon, consider our selection of fantastic insoles below.
- Powerstep full length orthotic shoe insoles cradle your heel with their supportive design, decreasing pressure and strain on the ball of the foot.
- The slight heel lift is perfect for supporting tired feet, especially if plagued with Achilles tendonitis.
- The variable cushioning technology (VCT) provides excellent support, explicitly targeted at protecting your feet during all motion involved with walking, running or standing.
- Not even necessary to trim, these insoles are still flexible enough to mold themselves to any shoe or foot they come into contact with.
- Endorsed by physicians and podiatrists throughout the US.
- Made in Ohio, USA.
- Sleek shape and design provides the best possible support for flat feet and can fit in a large variety of shoe types.
- Perfect for pain relief in flat feet individuals who suffer from plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, heel pain and over-pronation problems.
- Plant your flat feet firmly into this insole for optimal heel and ball support and start walking with pain-free posture.
- Made to fit standard shoe sizes, so no trimming to a specific size is required!
- With the right foot gear or insoles such as these, you can also prevent associated pains in the hips, knees, and back.
- Avoid surgery or other non-natural solutions for foot pain by using these orthotic insoles inside your shoes.
- Clinically proven to improve problems with pronation and reduce overpronation.
- Keeps tri-planar motion to a minimum and helps you to align your feet properly and lessen the risk of injury to your foot, ball, and heel.
- Elevated heel lift and the deep heel cup both give the right support when on your feet all day or suffering from Achilles tendonitis.
- Provides perfect arch support to most foot types, locking the foot into its natural position (neutral position).
- Softer protective heel and forefoot pads add extra shock resistance and reduce strain on the weight-bearing areas of the feet.
- This Footminders orthotic insole is the best insole for individuals who are on their feet all day or who love to play sports.
- Superior dual layer Durapontex material and fabulous ergonomic design give ultimate support, perfect posture, and hip, knee, heel, ankle and foot pain relief.
- The top fabric is 100% anti-bacterial and absorbs moisture, helping to remove any undesirable odors in your shoes.
- A shock pad is installed under the heel and forefoot to add extra resistance and protection to these areas of the feet during running, standing or walking.
- A great orthotic for medium arches, with an extra high arch for exact-fit support.
- The heel cup cradles your heel and lifts it up, ideal for Achilles tendonitis sufferers or tired feet.
- The Achilles Shield orthotic insole can be used in combination with other orthotic insoles and adds extra protection to your heel.
- Support your heel and protect it against high-impact force or abrasive shoes.
- The ergonomic design of these firm heel cups redirects forces away from the heel perfectly, ensuring less stress on the Achilles Tendon.
- Ideal for Achilles tendonitis recovery or prevention.
- Perfect for playing sports to absorb shock, protect your heels from strain and to control foot pronation, substantially minimizing the risk of injury on the court or field.
- Break in new shoes without any of the pain.
- This foot sleeve is a tight fitting sock that is designed to apply pressure or compression to the foot in a way that helps to support the foot.
- Reduce pain caused by swelling, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
- Can be used together with other orthotics and medical shoes insoles.
- These socks come in a variety of pleasing colors for personal flair.
- Cushions arches, metatarsal regions, and heels with the tight fitting material and assists with pain relief.
- Comfortable material which is breathable and flexible.
Comparison Table: Top Achilles Tendonitis Insoles
|1||Powerstep Unisex Full Length Original - Medically Trusted Orthotic Insole||Powerstep||98|
|2||Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet - Soothing Orthotics Designed Specifically for Flat Feet||Samurai Insoles||96|
|3||Orthaheel Unisex Full Length - Full Bodied Firm Insoles for Achilles Tendon Pain Relief||Orthaheel||97|
|4||Footminders Unisex Work Sports Orthotic Insoles - Ultra Comfortable Orthotics for Achilles Tendonitis||Footminders||96|
|5||Vertical Insoles Unisex Achilles Sports Shield - Firm Heel Cups to Protect Your Achilles Tendon||Vertical Insoles||90|
|6||CompressionZ Unisex Heel Compression Sock - Compression Sleeve Sock for Foot Support and Pain Relief||CompressionZ||95|
Table of Contents
- What is Achilles Tendonitis? Symptoms and Causes
- Achilles Tendonitis Treatments, Preventions and Cures
- Characteristics of the Best Orthotic Insoles for Achilles Tendonitis
- Reviews: Best Insoles for Achilles Tendonitis
- Powerstep Unisex Full Length Original Medically Trusted Orthotic Insole
- Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet Soothing Orthotics Designed Specifically for Flat Feet
- Orthaheel Unisex Full Length Full Bodied Firm Insoles for Achilles Tendon Pain Relief
- Footminders Unisex Work Sports Orthotic Insoles Ultra Comfortable Orthotics for Achilles Tendonitis
- Vertical Insoles Unisex Achilles Sports Shield Firm Heel Cups to Protect Your Achilles Tendon
- CompressionZ Unisex Heel Compression Sock Compression Sleeve Sock for Foot Support and Pain Relief
- Comparison Table: Top Achilles Tendonitis Insoles