Gel insoles have risen in popularity over the years, earning a highly respected reputation for protecting sensitive feet. Read further to learn more about how gel insoles achieve this, the different kinds of gel insoles, as well as some features of the best gel insoles.
How Gel Insoles Can Benefit You
Gel insoles are fantastic for anyone from librarians to athletes. There are different types of gel insoles, all of which differ regarding the gel’s density. However, all gel insoles are fantastic for foot support and cushioning, as well as shock absorption. Gel has the unique capacity for taking all force exerted upon the feet and dispersing the impact evenly. A significant portion of the impact is directed back towards the ground, protecting your feet and keeping them from tiring out all day long.
Insoles made entirely of a gel base are also good at staying cooler for longer. Gel absorbs heat at a slower rate than other synthetic alternatives, which means it takes more time to overheat. This keeps your feet cooler for longer and doesn’t encourage perspiration. Good quality insoles come with a breathable top layer which also helps to keep your feet fresh.
Types of Gel Insoles
There are different types of gel insoles available, each designed to benefit feet in a variety of ways:
- Flexible Gel Insoles – flexible gel insoles adapt to your feet’s arches as you walk, adhering to the exact shape of your feet. These gel insoles provide fantastic support, giving your stride a boost as well as cushioning your feet from impact.
- Soft Gel Insoles – soft gel insoles are usually insoles that are filled with a soft gel. The contours of these insoles are not excessively important as your feet tend to squash these insoles flat and molded into the perfect arch shape. The purpose of soft gel insoles is to absorb shock. The fluid gel inside the insole takes the force exerted on your feet and disperses it evenly across the entire foot, effectively alleviating pressure off the area of impact.
- Firm Gel Insoles – firm gel insoles are made of hardened gel which is set in a specific way to hold the foot locked in place. Firm gel insoles can also be made of high-density foam or another material, with gel shock pads placed under the feet. Gel shock pads deflect shock away from the feet and work well to enhance firmer insoles.
Best Gel Insole Features
The best quality gel insoles have a few characteristics that make them stand up above average gel insoles:
- Odor Control – gel insoles that have some form of odor elimination are a pair of winners! If you sweat a lot during the day, look for gel insoles that have been suffused with charcoal or some form of odor elimination. Antibacterial insoles also prevent odor-causing bacteria to grow on the feet, which can also greatly reduce smells in your shoes.
- Moisture Elimination – Getting the moisture off your feet, especially if you wear shoes more often than not, is important to prevent a build-up of bacteria or foot fungus. The Gel is not inherently moisture wicking, but when paired with leather, cedarwood, cork, or a perforated synthetic substance, gel insoles can keep moisture off your feet. A breathable top layer usually also contributes to moisture elimination.
- Energy Return – Soft gel insoles and a few other gel insoles can return some of the energy your feet use to take a stride. The more energy that’s returned to your feet, the more walking will feel lighter and easier. Those who feel sensitive walking on their feet or who have been bedridden for a long time will benefit from this feature immensely
- Adaptive Arch Support – Fluid and flexible gel insoles achieve adaptive arch support by conforming to your exact arches and moving as your feet flex. This is one of the best-known ways to stave off foot fatigue and plantar fasciitis, giving your feet full-time support. Firm gel insoles that are made of memory foam, leather, or cork also provide adaptive arch support.
- Dual Layers – Gel insoles made up of more than one layer are usually better than a single gel layer. A heavier density substance underneath the gel gives your feet additional protection and helps to stabilize the feet better.
Reviews: The Top Gel Insoles
You won’t want to miss out on our insole selection below if you are looking to purchase a pair of the best gel insoles.
- These athletic insoles are superior firm gel insoles for the best support whilst on the playing field.
- The base of the insole is made from a firm layer of polyurethane which sits beneath a moisture-wicking cover.
- Underneath the insole, Skydex Air Technology absorbs impact and transfers it back into kinetic motion (energy return), enabling you to walk easier.
- Under the forefoot is a gel pad for additional shock absorption and cushioning.
- The top layer is antimicrobial, being covered in fabric that accurately punctures the cells of any bacteria before they can colonize the feet.
- These hyper thin insoles are made with a fluid gel filling to ensure a perfect fit for your feet.
- Contours of the shoe inserts design provide pressure point relief underneath the feet.
- Suitable for those with flat to medium arches who need protection from shock.
- Soft gel insoles are heat resistant, keeping your feet cooler and drier for longer periods of time.
- The insoles are only 2 mm thick, allowing you to wear them in every single type of shoe, including flip-flops and sandals.
- If you are not satisfied, this product comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
- Another pair of fantastic synthetic insoles from the Sof Sole range, these insoles will help you to control pronation as well as protect your feet from harm.
- The bottom layer of the insole is made from a dense latex for a firmer support, as well as to stabilize you inside your shoes.
- A deep heel cup provides relief from knee and hip pain and helps you to walk with a good posture.
- In the forefoot and the heel reside two gel pads, deflecting all impact from the feet.
- Neutral arch support provides the best firm support for flat to medium arches.
- The U-shaped base of these gel insoles is what gives them their credible stability and unique balance.
- The heel cup has been designed to focus on a calcaneal position to better comfort your feet throughout the day.
- From the heel to the beginning of the arches is a gel shock absorption pad, protecting your feet where they make contact with the ground.
- A perforated forefoot and breathable top layer give the insole moisture wicking properties.
- The firm grip of these insoles is ideal for those who are active and on their feet a lot, such as athletes, chefs, air hostesses, nurses and more.
- Here are a great pair of gel insoles for those who suffer from having flat feet, plantar faciitis, ball of foot pain, heel pain and more.
- Gel support cushioning sits in the heel and forefoot, preventing any force from wearing out your feet.
- The gel pads are strategically placed to distribute any exertion on the arches of the feet evenly.
- The cover is breathable, antibacterial and antifungal, allowing your feet to stay smelling fresh all day long.
- Made to fit most generic factory shoe sizes for your convenience.
- Trim to fit perfectly into your shoe.
Comparison Table: Best Gel Insoles
|1||Sof Sole Unisex Performance Insoles - Firm Gel Insoles for Athletes||Sof Sole||95|
|2||Airfeet Unisex Soft Gel Insoles - Flexible Gel Insoles for Ultra Shock Absorption||Airfeet||94|
|3||Sof Sole Unisex Firm Gel Shoe Inserts - Dual Gel Padded Casual Insoles||Sof Sole||97|
|4||VBIGER Unisex Perforated Latex Gel Insoles - Foot Protection Hybrid Latex Gel Insoles||VBIGER||97|
|5||JobSite Unisex Metatarsal Support Gel Insoles - Firm Gel Insoles for Heel & Toe Protection||JobSite||96|
From foot aches into hot spots, sting blisters, brute force shock and all around distress, if there’s something the job website doesn’t do, its pamper your feet. Luckily, you don’t need to go a day spa to care for your toes to a small luxurious slice of heaven.
Let’s face it some of the best men’s shoes on the market don’t satisfy the grade with regards to insole quality.
In reality, it is among the best places to cut corners with regards to manufacturing costs.
While your new pair of shoes may sense phenomenal for the first weeks, in time most will end up feeling too flat too pancakes.
Worst off, those inexpensive standard insoles will frequently degrade your shoes quicker than a good aftermarket pair. Now, if you’re thinking about going the aftermarket path, only know you have lots of alternatives. For instance, if you run a jackhammer, shovel a whole lot of dirt, or place a lot of pressure on your legs, shock absorbing insoles could be a good choice. Or, if one of work outdoors in the cold winter cold, a set of thermal insoles could be worth their weight in gold.
Evidently, there’s also messaging gel, humidity wicking, pain relief, odor control, anti exhaustion and beyond with regards to the benefits.
Which one to choose, is totally your decision or your particular needs.
Nevertheless, Id like to talk with you my favorites in this listing of the top and best gel insoles.
Airplus Ultra Work Memory Plus
Those long days of work in nature with your thick work boots will be far much more comfortable with these superb Ultra insoles by Airplus.
Each is made from soft memory foam that adapts immediately to every curve in your foot.
Let alone, each includes thick heel protection to help absorb shocks and protect against pain.
Utilizing these insoles is like going from a concrete surface on a cloud.
These insoles have a high degree of comfort level technology and innovation.
They’re made from a cutting-edge fabric and synthetic moldable cushioning that reacts into high temperature in order to stay Damage to your foot.
The patented Nano Silver antibacterial layer wicks humidity away from that the foot and stops odor formation inside the insole.
Danner Dxt Comfort Footbed
Danner is well known for their durable men’s boots, however, their DXT Comfort Footbed Insoles are bringing new attention to the brand.
You will find two cushioning layers of varying density through the whole footbed, and a heel with a 3rd layer for that the ultimate in protection against knee stress.
Table of Contents
- How Gel Insoles Can Benefit You
- Types of Gel Insoles
- Best Gel Insole Features
- Reviews: The Top Gel Insoles
- Sof Sole Unisex Performance Insoles Firm Gel Insoles for Athletes
- Airfeet Unisex Soft Gel Insoles Flexible Gel Insoles for Ultra Shock Absorption
- Sof Sole Unisex Firm Gel Shoe Inserts Dual Gel Padded Casual Insoles
- VBIGER Unisex Perforated Latex Gel Insoles Foot Protection Hybrid Latex Gel Insoles
- JobSite Unisex Metatarsal Support Gel Insoles Firm Gel Insoles for Heel & Toe Protection
- Comparison Table: Best Gel Insoles