When the skin on your feet becomes very dry, it can start to crack and become painful and quite unsightly.
A good foot Moisturizer can help to keep the skin on your feet smooth, soft and supple.
What Causes Dry and Cracked Skin on Your Feet
You can blame it on the seasons, or your shoes, or whatever you feel up to, cracked and dry feet are a reality that needs to be taken care of.
Your feet are under constant pressure, and your soles are designed to be naturally thicker and stronger, to enable you to walk on different surfaces and carry the weight of your body.
Stress and friction on your feet can cause the skin to become hardened and cracked, this along with winter and dry air as well as receiving no additional moisture.
Some general causes include:
- Genetics – Some of us are just predisposed by our genetic makeup to have more dry skin than others.
- Weather – dry skin is a common complaint in the winter time when the air is cold and dry, and indoor central heating is no help at all to this dilemma.
- Treatment – Working in wet conditions or performing constant manual labor can take its toll on our feet resulting in them becoming dry and cracked.
- Medications – Some medications have the likelihood of drying out your skin.
Caring for The Skin on Your Feet
Want to take the best care possible of your feet, well then just follow these few simple tips;
- Always wear shoes that fit well and that support your feet.
- Wear comfortable and moisture-wicking socks.
- Limit the time your spend in footwear that places added pressure to your feet, such as high heels and flats.
- Keep your feet well treated, clip your nails, exfoliate and moisturize your feet.
- Remove hard dead skin from your feet with a foot file or pumice.
- Keep feet dry and clean.
- MOISTURIZE your feet daily with a deep penetrating quality moisturizer.
Features of the Best Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
- Quick absorbing and non-greasy formula.
- Natural ingredients such as: Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Jojoba, Peppermint oil, Tea Tree oil, Lavender Oil.
- Anti-bacterial ingredients to fight foot odor.
- Hypoallergenic and chemical-free products.
- Look for Vitamin E, lanolin and Vitamin A.
Reviews: Best Creams for Dry and Cracked Feet
Below are listed some of the best creams on the market to tackle dry and craked feet effectively;
Eucerin is a top skincare brand that is used and trusted by many customers for its effective healing and repairing of dry and cracked skin.
This foot moisturizer is light and non-greasy while providing sufficient moisture and exfoliating capabilities to effectively cure and prevent dry and cracked skin on your feet.
- Formulated specifically to Moistrize, and Smooth, dry and cracke skin.
- A patented formula with alpha hydroxy acids that intensively moisturizes and smooths skin.
- Natural skin moisturizer with less harmful chemicals.
- Repairs and gently exfoliates the dry and rough skin for a smoother appearance and feel.
The Gold Bond Ultimate foot cream contains moisturizing and protective Shea Butter along with many other vitamins and minerals that are perfect to cure even the driest and most calloused and cracked feet.
- Gold Bond is a top name in skin care and baby products that are effective and trusted by many.
- This foot cream is ideal for very rough and dry feet as well as heels and provides intensive moisturization and smoothing of the skin.
- Contains Shea Butter, Vitamin A, C, and E along with a unique silk peptide matrix.
- Quick absorbing yet very moisturizing and can be used day or night without feeling greasy.
The La Vido Thera Intensive is an aromatic and highly hydrating foot cream that will not only keep your feet smooth and silky but will also prevent odors from developing.
- Ultra Hydrating, made from the aromatic Achillea plant and purified oils including tea tree and Myrtle to keep fungus and odors away.
- Moisturizes and repairs chafed and flaky skin leaving it soft, supple and energized.
- You can apply this cream to the top and soles of your feet as needed, and even to legs and ankles.
- Free of chemical substances and mineral oils, making it suitable for sensitive and allergy prone skin.
- This product is made from natural and organic materials which include mineral rich waters from the Sea of Galilee.
An intensively hydrating foot cream for even the most cracked and dry feet, helping you’re to maintain optimal hydration levels.
- Utilizes a combination of Haluronic Acid, Shea Butter, Ceramide NG and Urea, which are some of your best ingredients when it comes to effective moisturizing and repair.
- You will see fast and visible results with this quick absorbing, and non-greasy feeling foot cream.
- Hypoallergenic and vegan materials are used that are free of harmful Phthalates and Parabens.
- Approved by a dermatologist for effectiveness.
- Offers intensive hydration that will penetrate even the thickest skin on your feet.
One of the top rated foot creams for dry and cracked feet the Shea Butter, cream from L’Occitane, will leave your feet feeling smooth and well moisturized
- Natural Shea Butter that provides intense moisturization and repair, perfect for dry and cracked feet.
- Arnica and Lavender essential oils ensure excellent pain relief, hydration and prevent fungus and odors from developing.
- Absorbs fast and effectively leaving a smooth and silky feeling
This Foot cream with the mix of lavender and mint will not only soothe and repair dry and damaged skin on your feet but likewise prevent fungus and infection while effectively controlling odor and ensuring a fresh and cool feeling.
- Peppermint and Lavender, essential oils are naturally healing, hydrating and anti-bacterial as well as holding a refreshing scent.
- Excellent for very dry, flaky and even itchy feet.
- Moisturizes deeply and intensively smoothing and repairing dry and cracked skin.
- Completely Hypoallergenic and safe, containing no Parabens, Pertolatum, Mineral Oils or artificial colroants and prevseravtives.
- An all natural comforting and calming foot cream that will soften and moisturize your feet intensively.
Index Table: Top Rated Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
|1||Eucerin Unisex Intensive Repair - Light and moisturizing Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet||Eucerin||98|
|2||Gold Bond Unisex Ultimate - Shea Butter Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet||Gold Bond||98|
|3||La Vido Thera Unisex Intensive - Moisturizing Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet||La Vido Thera||98|
|4||Barefoot Scientist Unisex High Dive - Dry and Cracked Feet Moisturizer||Barefoot Scientist||98|
|5||L'Occitane Unisex Shea Butter - Moisturizing Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet||L'Occitane||97|
|6||Carol’s Daughter Unisex Lavneder Mint - Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet||Carol’s Daughter||97|
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- What Causes Dry and Cracked Skin on Your Feet
- Caring for The Skin on Your Feet
- Features of the Best Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
- Reviews: Best Creams for Dry and Cracked Feet
- Eucerin Unisex Intensive Repair Light and moisturizing Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
- Gold Bond Unisex Ultimate Shea Butter Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
- La Vido Thera Unisex Intensive Moisturizing Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
- Barefoot Scientist Unisex High Dive Dry and Cracked Feet Moisturizer
- L'Occitane Unisex Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
- Carol’s Daughter Unisex Lavneder Mint Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet
- Index Table: Top Rated Cream for Dry and Cracked Feet