Corns and Calluses, in general, can be very annoying and uncomfortable particularly if left untreated.
In this article, we will be concentrating on those highly annoying corns that develop on your toes specifically and some excellent tools that you can use to remove and treat them with.
Corns and Their Symptoms
Corns and Callus refer to thick hardened layers of skin that develop when your skin tries to protect itself against constant friction or pressure from an external source. Many times Corns and Calluses only develop on your hands and feet, as these are the areas which are most prone to pressure and friction.
Corns are different from Calluses in the fact that they are generally smaller and often do not bear a hard center surrounded by inflamed skin, but just consist of hard skin. Corns are usually found on your feet, particularly toes and can likewise be found in other weight-bearing areas of the body.
- Thick Skin – When an area on your hands or feet becomes thick and hard you may have corn.
- Hard Bump – A hard bump either protruding or under the skin can also signify the oncoming of a corn or callus.
- Pain – When your press on corn you will feel pain, in some cases a sharp pain like something is stinging yours.
- Flaky Skin – waxy, flaky or any dry skin patches may become either corn or callus.
Corn Causes and Risk Factors
Corns are mainly caused by PRESSURE and FRICTION, from repetitive actions, although some other causes may include;
- Ill Fitting Shoes – Tight fitting, narrow and high heeled shoes compress your feet and place constant pressure on your feet and toes, while loose-fitting shoes may slide and chafe certain areas of your feet irritating the skin.
Skipping Socks – Not wearing socks with a closed shoe causes unnecessary friction, and even uncomfortable and ill-fitting socks may cause friction.
Repetative Activities – certain exercises, sports or activities that places pressure on areas of your feet and toes can cause calluses and corns to form.
Some Risk factor mayInclude;
- Bunions – An abnormal bony growth usually found on the big or little toe which can cause excessive friction and pressure when pressing against footwear, in turn, can form corn.
- Hammertoe – a deformity where your toes tend to curl inward almost like claws can cuase pressure points which may develop corns.
- Other Foot Condistions – Any other foot conditions or deformities where the skin may be sensitive or the deformity presses against your shoes can cause a corn or callus to develop.
Treatments and Preventative Measures
You can use a Corn and callus remover as well as a foot file to remove dead skin and painful corns from your feet and toes. You can also find anti-inflammatory creams and corn removal creams at your local drug store to treat both corns and calluses.
To prevent corns from developing in the first place always make sure to wear shoes that fit properly and do not add pressure or friction to your feet, likewise wear socks when needed.
Wear protective padding on high pressure and friction areas of your feet that are prone to developing irritation and corns when you are performing certain activities.
You can similarly use corn pads or bandages over your toe s to prevent them from rubbing against your shoes or each other.
Features of a Good Corn Remover for Your Toes
- Thin and flexible design with enough cushioning in the pads to provide relief from pressure and friction.
- Medication in the pad such as salicylic acid.
- Serums containing salicylic acid or herbal corn removal extracts.
- A good adhesive on removal pads.
- Comfortable and conforming design.
- Durable and soft against the skin.
- N harmful medications and substances for sensitive feet.
Reviews: The Best Corn Remover for Your Toes
Here are a few popular and highly effective Corn removers available today;
The Corn Remover Pads from TOULLGO are highly effective and easy to use on your toes, fee, and hands.
- A corn plaster with a center hole to reduce pain and pressure on corns and allow the corn to heal.
- The bandages are made from natural Rubber Latex, And provide sheer comfort.
- The adhesive bandage will hold firmly to your toes and keep in place without slipping for comfort and effective pain relief.
- Comfortable and cushioned design that will relieve pain, prevent excessive friction, and in turn aid in the healing process.
Dr. Scholls is a brand recognized by many for its high quality and effective products in foot care and orthotic devices.
- This device will remove corns in only two uses.
- Provides all-day cushioning and pressure relief.
- Thin and flexible design for easy movement.
- Contains Salicylic acid which is highly effective in removing corns.
- Also has the lastest DuraGel technology.
This Corn remover pad has a safe and effective design and uses salicylic acid to fats and effectively remove corns in less than three days.
- Salicylic acid ointment to remove corns.
- A medicated pad that provides comfort and pain relief to the affected toe.
- Works fast, effectively and is very safe to use even on sensitive skin.
- A new design that hugs the toe without any annoyance.
The Moscow Corn remover Pad has an adhesive bandage to hold it firmly in place and offers a medicated comfort pad to effectively remove corns in those hard to reach areas.
- Comes in a pack with 8 adhesive medicated corn removal pads.
- A highly effective adhesive bandage that will not slip off or cause irritation.
- Soft and comfortable medicated pads that heal corns and provide protection against friction and pressure.
- Safe, easy and effective.
The Nuonove corn removing serum has an anti-itch and antibacterial herbal formula that not only works fast and effectively on corns but similarly helps with other foot conditions.
- Contains antibacterial and anti-itch ingredients for fungal growths and other foot conditions.
- Works fast and effectively.
- A gentle and soothing foot soak.
- Can be used for maintenance by soaking your feet on a regular basis.
- Natural and herbal ingredients are used.
Index Table: Top-Rated Corn Remover for Your Toes
|1||TOULLGO Unisex Corn Remover - Corn Remover for Toes and Feet||TOULLGO||97|
|2||Dr. Scholls Unisex DuraGel - Toe Corn Remover with Gel||Dr. Scholls||98|
|3||Lee Beauty Professional Unisex Salicylic Acid - Quick Acting Corn Remover Pads||Lee Beauty Professional||97|
|4||Moscow Unisex One Step Medicated - Fast Remover for Corns on Your Toes||Moscow||97|
|5||Nuonove Unisex liquid - Toe Corn Remover||Nuonove||98|
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Corns and Their Symptoms
- Corn Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatments and Preventative Measures
- Features of a Good Corn Remover for Your Toes
- Reviews: The Best Corn Remover for Your Toes
- Index Table: Top-Rated Corn Remover for Your Toes