If you are suffering from foot pain, ankle aches or discomfort in your feet, you should consider orthotic cork insoles to help remedy this!
Learn more on why cork is such a marvelous material for providing your feet with the luxurious medical comfort they deserve.
Quick Causes of Heel and Foot Pain
Feet aches and pains are most commonly caused by an injury to the foot or foot strain, either accrued over time or after a massive physical impact.
Poor circulation due to standing all day long on your feet can cause pressure to accumulate on the tendons and ligaments in the foot, preventing proper drainage of fluids.
This can lead to problems such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, arthritis and more.
Some people need to pay extra special attention to the arches in their feet and how they posture themselves when they walk.
If the arches of your feet are too high or too low (flat feet), then you will have difficulty to walk without causing damage over time to your feet.
The arch of your foot affects the way you pronate your foot as you walk, which could also result in foot pain. Pronation is the degree to which your toes angle inwards and is integral to good foot alignment.
How Using Cork Insoles Can Remedy Heel Pain & Foot Problems
Cork Insoles and cork based orthotics can work wonders for foot-related pains and problems. Cork is hypoallergenic and will not contribute to any swelling of the foot.
Once worn in, cork is brilliant at retaining the shape of the wearer, making an excellent adaptive insole for any foot or shoe type.
By providing your flat feet or high arched feet with adequate arch support, cork can help to alleviate pain in all areas of the foot. This can remedy pain for people who have plantar fasciitis or tired feet.
Cork insoles can also give your heel a bit of a lift, which minimizes impact to your heel.
Heel elevation is especially beneficial for fighting Achilles tendonitis by taking all pressure off the heel tendon.
Cork insoles in themselves are also naturally shock resistant, enhancing the cushioning effect your feet need. By holding your foot precisely inside your shoes, cork insoles can also lock your ankles in place and prevent excessive pronation from occurring, also reducing stress to your feet.
Features of a Good Cork Insole
- Moisture wicking – Cork is a naturally breathable material that allows air to flow through it, especially if combined with a synthetic base to keep your feet dry all day long.
- Anti-microbial inlays – cork on its own can build up mildew, so be sure to buy a cork insole that has an anti-microbial layer or properties.
- Shock absorption – Cork naturally absorbs shock. The thicker the cork insole is, the more shock it will absorb. Make sure that the heel is not lifted up too much higher than the forefoot (more than 15mm is too high). One should only really consider lifting the heel up higher if suffering from pain in the heel or Achilles tendonitis.
- Foot Contouring – after being worn in a bit, cork contours the exact shape of your foot, giving you the correct arch support your foot type requires. This precision arch support makes cork suitable for anybody.
Reviews: The Top Cork Insoles
Choose below from our premium selection of the best cork insoles for fatigued, stressed or recovering feet.
- Wear shoes without socks with these honey soles insoles and get the same comfort that flip-flops would give you.
- The cork used in this product was harvested sustainably and is more environmentally friendly than other orthotics on the market.
- Designed with a neutral arch so that the cork can support and conform to the shape of the majority of feet types.
- Ideal for flat feet and intermediate foot arches after being worn into your exact shape.
- Naturally Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, cork is highly durable and will last a long time without decomposing.
- Foam inlay helps to further remove odors and soak up moisture.
- These cork insoles are made with a combo of cork and latex, covered in a luxuriously soft leather suede to pamper your feet.
- Environmentally friendly and a perfect fit for many of Naot’s shoes as well as others.
- Minimal arch support and the way the cork molds exactly to your foot shape makes this insole suitable for all foot types.
- Reduce aches and pains from standing all day, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and other foot ailments.
- Slight elevation of the heel supports the Achilles Tendon and is perfect for Achilles tendonitis patients.
- These Birkenstock premium cork insoles have a 3 quarter design, made to perfectly support the arch and heels of the feet.
- The cork EVA combo provides a shock absorbing cushion for the feet and is appropriate for activities such as walking, hiking, running and standing all day long.
- Prevent pain from overtired feet, flat feet or plantar fasciitis with the flat, neutral arch support.
- The Cork base will naturally mold to the shape of your foot.
- Ideal for shoes that already have a 2inch lift in the heels, like boots or sports sneakers.
- The silk lining absorbs any extra moisture, combined with the highly breathable cork to prevent any excess sweat or odor build up.
- These classy orthotic insoles are made in Italy and are perfect for alleviating symptoms of foot pain and wear and tear to the feet.
- Once you find the right size, they are tight fitting and prevent your feet from sliding around in your shoes, which decreases the risk of foot injury.
- The cork/EVA blend used in Downunders insoles are still flexible enough to allow one to flex the toes and walk comfortably with fantastic posture.
- Cork conforms to your foot shape precisely and is suitable for most people with flat feet or medium arches.
- Perforated teardrop design under the heel and arch provides extra comfort and support, conforming more to our feet’s natural metatarsal shape.
- Mild heel lift provides the optimum weight distribution for the weight-bearing areas of the foot, for an enhanced walking experience.
- These super thin and flexible cork insoles are fantastic for keeping your foot in place and having odor free shoes!
- Fully machine washable, just detach them from the shoe, clean and place back for a fresh shoe experience.
- This insole is made from cork and durable natural fibers and is designed to last for years to come.
- Absorb all the sweat and smell less with the comfort of these cork insoles.
- Takes on the shape of your shoe and your foot and is suitable for most shoes or sandal beds.
- These inserts allow your feet to breath 100% with natural cork.
- Forget all your feet pain, aches and troubles after slipping these orthotic inserts into your shoes.
- Ideal for all foot shapes and sizes, with a flat arch that molds to the exact shape of your foot thanks to the cork/EVA base.
- Breathable and sweat cooperative, wick the moisture away with this natural cork insole and allow your feet to smell less.
- Medium forefoot support provides comfortable support to the ball of the foot and takes the strain off the heel.
- Improve your balance with the tight-fitting design and reduce foot fatigue that can result in plantar fasciitis.
- Crafted to support the anatomy of the foot, SOLE cork insoles comprise of both foam and cork to make for happy arches.
- The underlayer is made of lightweight natural cork which absorbs excess moisture and keeps feet cool.
- A soft foam top layer molds to the shape of the feet and provides flexible arch support.
- The insoles keep your heels firmly in one place, aiding pronation and correcting the posture of your feet.
- Ideal for those with plantar fasciitis, aching ankles, tired feet, and heel pain.
- These cork insoles are so thin you can use them in any kind of shoe or on top of other orthotics for an extra layer of comfortable cushioning.
- Despite the low profile, these inserts have an impressive ability to deflect force and absorb shock, keeping your feet safe from jarring impacts.
- Unlike other cork insoles, these will conform to the shape of your feet very quickly due to their thinness.
- Absorbs excess perspiration and controls for odor naturally without any antimicrobial treatment or chemicals.
- Can be easily transferred and used in any of your shoes or trimmed to fit one pair of shoes precisely.
- If you need a flat pair of insoles that provide optimal support for flat feet as well as keeping your feet dry, then these are the best!
- The top layer consists of quality genuine leather, which like cork, molds to the shape of your feet after a break in period.
- The underside is made of cork for semi-rigid support and additional shock-absorbent cushioning.
- Both cork and leather absorb perspiration and wick away moisture, keeping your feet blister free and feeling fresh.
- Can be used with other foot orthotics if firmer arch support is required.
Comparison Table: The Best Cork Insoles
Please Rate this Article
Table of Contents
- Quick Causes of Heel and Foot Pain
- How Using Cork Insoles Can Remedy Heel Pain & Foot Problems
- Features of a Good Cork Insole
- Reviews: The Top Cork Insoles
- Honey Soles Unisex Cork All Natural Orthotic Cork Shoe Insole
- Naot Unisex Allegro Footbed Superior quality orthotic cork insole with suede cover
- Birkenstock Unisex Blue Luxurious Silk-lined Orthotic Cork Insoles
- Downunders Unisex Ultra Walker - Green Zoot Euro foot support orthotic insole
- Soxsols Unisex Cotton Cork Brown Removable, washable cork shoe inserts
- Birkenstock Unisex Birko Balance Highly Supportive Cork footbed with comfortable leather lining
- SOLE Unisex Cork Insoles Dual-Layered Lightweight Cork Insoles
- Cleverbrand Unisex Cork Insoles Hyper Thin Cork Insoles for All Shoes
- GGfootcare Unisex Leather Cork Insoles Moisture Wicking Leather Cork Insoles
- Comparison Table: The Best Cork Insoles