There is nothing more irritating than chafing shoes and blisters from sweaty feet rubbing against the inside of your shoe. Blisters can be painful, and downright irritating, at the end spoiling your whole day to the point where you cannot function as well as you would want to.
What Causes Blisters on Your FeetWhen it comes to blisters there are to main culprits as to the cause, SWEAT, and FRICTION.
This occurs when you wear shoes that are a bit loose or ill-fitting. Your heals may rub against the back of the shoe which in turn causes painful blisters and chafing. Not wearing socks or wearing improper socks can likewise cause friction which will end up in blisters and chafing.
Sweat or any type of wetness in your shoes or socks will cause blisters and painful chafing. Wet feet in general are pretty bad for you ass bacteria and odor can form causing foot fungus and many other conditions or infections. When your feet are wet and sweaty they become soft, which in turn makes them more prone to forming painful blisters and sores.
Some Tips to Prevent Blisters and Chafing on Your Feet
In the end I would recommend three things for blisters, Well Fitting Shoes, Good Socks, and Moisture Wicking, or Padded Insoles
Make sure your shoes fit well and do not slip when you walk or run, new shoes may likewise need some break-in time, as they may cause blisters. Shoes that are too loose or too small can both cause blisters and chafing.
The socks that you wear should manage moisture and be made from good materials, in order to prevent friction and to slip in your shoes.
A good pair of insoles will not only provide you with cushioned support, but can manage odor and moisture in your shoes, which are some main causes of infection and blisters. You can similarly purchase insoles or heel pads to prevent your favorite shoes from slipping, or to decrease the size of a shoe that is too big, by a few centimeters.
A Few other tips you can follow;
- Take time to slowly break in new shoes, use short runs or walks in new athletic shoes, before you start your full routine, to wear them in properly.
- Use thicker socks in shoes that are too big or that are new and causing blisters.
- Make sure the toe box of your shoes are wide enough and do not cramp your toes.
- Hard seams and rough edges in your shoes can chafe your feet and cause blisters. Use insoles, or tape your feet on the areas that rub against the rough spots.
- Sensitive feet tend to chafe much easier, try to toughen your feet a bit by soaking them in tea, and keeping them well moisturized.
- Wear moisture wicking socks made from breathable materials. For a smaller shoe wear a thin sock, and for a looser shoe a thicker sock. Make sure your socks have no irritating seams in them.
- Lubricate your feet well, apply petroleum jelly, AD ointment, or a Sports shield to your feet before running or walking.
- Keep your feet dry at all times, talcum powder, cornstarch or antiperspirant may help to eliminate sweat and odor alike.
- Make sure to keep well hydrated, particularly when performing sports or activities.
- You can similarly, cover the problem areas on your feet using tape or bandages.
Features of a Good Insole to Prevent Blisters
- Opt for a full-length insole for blisters on the bottom of your feet.
- Make sure your insole has moisture wicking and antibacterial properties, or a treated top layer.
- Cushioning and arch support are always good features in any insole.
- You can use heel pads to prevent chafing and blisters on your heels, or for shoes that are very loose.
- Stretched top fabric on your insole is desirable with comfortable and breathable material.
- Perforation holes in your insole can help to improve ventilation, keeping your feet dry.
Reviews: The Best Blister Preventing Insoles
These exceptional insoles from Spenco offer you full-length comfort and support, along with superior moisture wicking and antimicrobial properties, which aids in preventing Blisters.
- A full-length insole for the heel to toe comfort.
- The SpenCore material ensures exclusive cushioning to absorb shock and impact, while providing cushioned comfort.
- Provides surplus stability and support to maintain a more natural foot position relieving pain and fatigue.
- Additional arch inserts to support a neutral to high arch.
- The Four-Way stretch fabric ensures only the best in moisture wicking capabilities and antimicrobial protection against germs and odors.
A very convenient six-pack of heel grips from Sufoot, with a cushioned leather construction, to prevent shoes from slipping and protect your feet from blisters.
- Manufactured from high-quality cow leather that is soft, odorless and safe to use.
- Protects your feet from sliding around in shoes, chafing, and blisters, and are ideal for shoes that are a bit too large.
- Suitable for all shoe types and comes with an adhesive grip.
- Completely washable and reusable.
- Comes in a convenient pack of two grips.
Scholl is one of the top brands when it comes to insoles. I have chosen the Gel Work Insoles because of their ability to prevent slipping inside your shoes, which is one of the main causes of Blisters and chafing.
- The Gel offers effective cushioning and shock absorbency, to reduce pressure on your feet.
- The Non-Slip design ensures that your feet and insoles stay firmly in place to prevent blisters and chafing.
- The Gelacity technology ensures an ergonomic design along with very high shock absorbency.
- One size fits all and can be trimmed for a customized fit.
As a child, I remember getting plenty of blisters, being active an all over in wet puddles, running, climbing and getting pretty sweaty after all that. These insoles provide effective prevention against blisters for active children, while keeping their feet dry and fresh.
- A cool and colorful design aimed especially at children of all ages.
- Can be used as a filler in children’s shoes that are too big or tend to slip.
- The top layer is made from natural and quality cotton that offers soft support and excellent moisture wicking properties.
- The peroration ensures that there is ample ventilation.
- Extra cushioned with two layers of latex foam, and a pleasant lemon scent to keep little feet fresh and odor free.
- Can be easily trimmed to fit even the littlest feet.
An excellent choice for your athletic shoes, and for active lifestyles, the ErgoFoot comfort insole offers superior shock absorbency, and odor as well as moisture control to prevent blisters, and chafing effectively.
- Available in a men’s and women’s option to choose from.
- A top antimicrobial layer that prevents odors from developing.
- Moisture wicking properties and breathability features to keep your feet dry and blister free.
- Comfortable and flexible with a low-carbon MDI Foam and PU foam construction.
- Ensures superb shock absorbency as well as pain relief.
- Completely washable and reusable.
- The holes on the insole bottom further enhance breathability.
This is the ideal insole if you are only looking for something to prevent blisters from sweating and keep your feet fresh.
- Manufactured from high-quality Bamboo Charcoal and other materials that effectively absorb moisture and control odor.
- A thin insole that can be placed over your existing insoles.
- Suitable for both men and women with a trim to fit design.
- The package includes three reusable pairs of insoles.
In ConclusionWhen looking for the ideal insole to prevent blisters, you need to look for an insole that targets the causes of these blisters.
These causes can be slipping shoes that chafe your heels, moisture and sweating, or an uncomfortable shoe. I have chosen a variety of insoles that can help you combat all these causes to prevent blisters, and chafing efficiently.
Index Table:The Best Anti-Blister Insoles and Pads
|1||Spenco Unisex RX - Arch Cushioning Blister Prevention Insole||Spenco||98|
|2||Sufoot Unisex Heel Grips - Leather Blister Prevention Heel Insoles||Sufoot||96|
|3||Scholl Unisex Gel Active - Work Insoles to Prevent Slipping||Scholl||97|
|4||Kaps Unisex Arieto - Kids Insole for Blisters||Kaps||97|
|5||ErgoFoot Unisex Comfort - Carbon Fibre Blister Prevention Insoles||ErgoFoot||9|
|6||Lizipai Unisex Bamboo Charcoal - Blister Prevention Insoles||Lizipai||96|
Table of Contents
- What Causes Blisters on Your Feet
- Some Tips to Prevent Blisters and Chafing on Your Feet
- Features of a Good Insole to Prevent Blisters
- Reviews: The Best Blister Preventing Insoles
- Spenco Unisex RX Arch Cushioning Blister Prevention Insole
- Sufoot Unisex Heel Grips Leather Blister Prevention Heel Insoles
- Scholl Unisex Gel Active Work Insoles to Prevent Slipping
- Kaps Unisex Arieto Kids Insole for Blisters
- ErgoFoot Unisex Comfort Carbon Fibre Blister Prevention Insoles
- Lizipai Unisex Bamboo Charcoal Blister Prevention Insoles
- In Conclusion
- Index Table:The Best Anti-Blister Insoles and Pads