After a few years of standing on our feet, especially if we use the same shoes day in and day out, our feet can get pretty exhausted. Generic factory insoles will not cut it for foot fatigue, and so we have compiled this useful article to help you establish what the best anti-fatigue insoles are and why.
A Look At What Causes Tired Feet
It’s not always so obvious why our feet are feeling so sore and tired. Here are a few well-known causes of foot fatigue that you may have heard of before.
- Posture – believe it or not, how we posture our spine plays a huge role in keeping our feet from tiring out. If your spine is out of alignment, the chances are that your hips are too. When the hips go out, it’s only a matter of time before the way our feet align gets put out as well. The arches in the feet have to work harder to compensate for the difference.
- Generic Insoles – factory insoles are usually made for the middle of the range foot arches and surprisingly, will cause many of us to have tired out feet. Generic factory footwear also is typically not manufactured to last. The soles of the shoes wear down, and if they do so unevenly, this can cause our feet and hips to undergo a lot of strain.
- Foot Type – not everyone has the same kind of foot on the planet. Some people have flatter feet, and others have more angular feet with high arches. This can be a problem when faced with insoles that are produced for an average foot type.
- Injury – naturally sports injuries or pulled ligaments and tendons can create excessive strain on the feet. Protecting the feet can help them not to tire out when in this condition.
Know Your Foot Types & Best Anti Fatigue Insole Matches
Your foot type will help you know what kind of insole you need to keep those feet relaxed and pain-free.
- Flat Feet – if the arches of your feet are non-existent or entirely flat, you have flat feet. An insole with any contours will cause your feet to tire out and very likely will cause you a lot of unnecessary foot pain. For Flat feet, you need an insole that is flat with a deep heel cup for the right support. A mild heel lift can help if you get pain in the knees too.
- High Arches – high arches may make for some elegant looking feet, but they can feel rather nightmarish in a flat shoe. If you have high arches, you are looking for an insole with an elevated heel cup, deep arch support and usually with adaptive arch technology to accommodate for the flexes your extended arches undergo.
- “Normal Feet” – if you don’t seem to have trouble with generic insoles, you likely have normal feet. However, research has revealed that over time, people with normal arches still get conditions such as plantar fasciitis if they don’t look after their feet properly. Any mildly contoured orthotic with reinforced support can help those with ‘normal’ feet.
Top Notch Anti Fatigue Qualities of the Best Insoles
Below we have listed some of the best features that your fatigue-busting insoles should have!
- Adaptive Arch Technology – as the name implies, adaptive arch technology in an insole will allow for the arch support of the insole to adopt whichever way your arches happen to be flexing. Memory foam is the best material that creates this effect.
- Molded Orthotics – an insole that has contours which fit your foot type precisely are best for your feet, providing custom foot support. Try to find an insole that molds to the shape of your foot. Cork, leather, Foam and Cedarwood insoles are all capable of molding to your foot shape once you wear them in.
- Reinforced Base – The more pads and reinforcement in the base, the sturdier the insole will be, providing better protection and shock absorbency.
- Metatarsal Lift – for those who suffer from forefoot pain or ball of foot pain, having your toes lifted and your big toe slightly separated from the rest of the toes will make a world of difference!
- Deep Heel Cup – A deep heel cup traditionally controls for overpronation, which is the most common misaligned foot problem. A deep heel cup is also great for keeping your insole in place and helping your feet to also not slip or slide in the shoe.
Reviews: Anti Fatigue Insoles
Here below are some of the most foot supportive insoles for tired out feet.
- These insoles are proud to bring to you some of the latest Ortholife technology to fight fatigue and keep you on the go for longer!
- The footbed provides excellent support for flat to neutral “normal” arches.
- The top layer is anti-microbial and moisture wicking to help keep your feet dry and free of infections.
- Odor elimination allows for you not to smell when you take off your shoes.
- The hexagonal design on the underside redirects pressure away from the feet, making walking and standing all day a lot easier.
- These insoles will control for pronation as well as provide a reasonable degree of shock absorbency.
- These protective insoles will help your feet to be used all day long without worrying about foot ache.
- The ridged arch support is ideal for those with mild arches or flat feet.
- A deep heel cup is included to help you control the way you walk.
- The top layer is made with cool max technology to wick away sweat and allow your feet to breathe easily.
- Fitting inside your shoes is never a problem – just select your shoe size and trim to fit if any edges do not work in your shoes.
- The reinforced bottom has shock pads to prevent excessive force from hurting your feet.
- These impressive insoles from Powerstep are made with a wool and latex for enhanced performance during your work day.
- Wool is highly absorbent and will keep your feet dry, as well as temperature-regulated regardless of what temperature it is!
- The base is made of a sturdy latex to protect your feet and help you to pronate.
- Made with a double anti-shock layer for maximum protection and minimum foot fatigue.
- Suitable to wear all year round and helpful for those with plantar fasciitis, flat feet, normal arches, neutral arches, overpronation and tired feet.
- Made in USA.
- Made from leather, these insoles will give your feet the contoured support they need afte being worn in.
- The arches utilize adaptive arch technology, being made with memory foam to help support all feet types.
- Covered in an outlast top layer, your temperature will be entirely regulated all day long.
- Fight fatigue with these insoles that will cushion your heels and allow you to stride more easily.
- The top layer is also Anti-microbial to help prevent foot infections like athletes foot.
- Mildly contoured arch pads aid the feet and protect them, contributing to do away with tiredness and foot aches.
- This insole is actually a pair of shoe inserts that work together to promote natural foot correction and alignment.
- Cork is a naturally breathable substance that molds to the shape of your foot over time, getting better at protecting your feet with age!
- Highly durable as well as anti-microbial, your feet will not suffer from infections.
- A deep heel cup helps to control for overpronation, as well as a slight metatarsal lift to prevent ball of foot pain.
- Ideal for those with medium arches who wish to avoid having tired feet on a daily basis.
- Works very well in dress shoes.
- The combination of superior memory foam and gel in this podiatrist-designed insole will keep your feet from tiring out for hours on end!
- The memory foam layer adapts to the shape of your feet with every stride, ensuring that they are always supported.
- MEGAGel Visco technology on the underside of the insoles keeps your feet protected from impacts, reducing vibrations and keeping your heels and arches safe-guarded.
- A heavy duty top cloth ensures that your feet are kept dry and safe from odor, as well as fungal and bacterial infections.
- Designed to fit inside most casual footwear after the existing insole is removed.
- Jobsite insoles specialize in reducing fatigue for tired, hard-working feet, with comfortable, lightweight materials to ease the pressure off.
- The spongy support cushion has a high rebound with excellent arch support for flat or neutral arches.
- Each step you make re-energizes your feet, fighting off fatigue by lightening the impact and reducing exertion.
- The heel cup is designed snugly for the best fit, aiming to lock your heels in place and provide stability.
- The top fabric is antimicrobial and moisture wicking, keeping your feet dry and odorless.
- A shock absorber is placed in the heel to avoid high stress on the area and prevent jarring impacts from tiring out your feet.
- These arch support insoles combine the best of both supreme cushioning and firm arc support to keep you on your feet.
- Dual layer orthotic technology conforms to the shape of your feet while maintaining correct alignment.
- Heel and forefoot shock pads deflect all force, saving your feet the extra effort and evenly distributing pressure.
- A raised heel cup with a deep edging will keep your feet firmly planted in your shoes as well as helping those with heel pain.
- Ideal for those with flat feet who wish to alleviate symptoms of plantar fasciitis, foot pain, and fatigue.
Comparison Table: Best Anti Fatigue Insoles
Table of Contents
- A Look At What Causes Tired Feet
- Know Your Foot Types & Best Anti Fatigue Insole Matches
- Top Notch Anti Fatigue Qualities of the Best Insoles
- Reviews: Anti Fatigue Insoles
- Timberland Pro Unisex Anti-Fatigue Insoles Hexagonal Pressure Relief Insoles for Tired Feet
- Sof Sole Unisex Working Comfort Insoles Anti-Fatigue Insoles for All Day Work
- Powerstep Unisex Wool Protection Insoles Absorbent Insoles for Foot Fatigue
- Timberland Pro Unisex Dynamic Cushion Insoles Adaptive Foot Protective Anti-Fatigue Insoles
- Birkenstock Unisex Natural Support Insoles All Natural Cork Anti-Fatigue Insoles
- MEGA Comfort Inc Unisex Anti-Fatigue Insoles Memory Foam Gel Support Insoles
- Jobsite Unisex Support Insoles Anti-Fatigue Insoles for All Day Work
- Footminders Unisex Orthotic Insoles Arch Support Insoles for Fatigued Feet
- Comparison Table: Best Anti Fatigue Insoles